La weave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella9811

Reaction score
Hey girls, is the la weave still a thing ? Im a hairdresser since 15 years, and qualified in microrings bonds and tapes, now im thinking off getting training in la weave, and only offering that method.

Any opinions on how popular they are, good suppliers, and how much money you can make on them and how much time you need to do them?

La Weaves are 100% still a thing! my most used method!
i wouldn't only offer that one method though, it's not ideal for fine hair or for hair above the shoulder. i use Euphoria one, Sway and Fayemous for hair but also Routes and a few others, really just depends.

Making money on them depends on your area, normally charge the cost of the hair + your fitting fee.

normally takes me tops, 2 hours to do a full head, that is at someones home , not in a salon and includes putting it in, blending cutting, styling etc.

La Weaves are 100% still a thing! my most used method!
i wouldn't only offer that one method though, it's not ideal for fine hair or for hair above the shoulder. i use Euphoria one, Sway and Fayemous for hair but also Routes and a few others, really just depends.

Making money on them depends on your area, normally charge the cost of the hair + your fitting fee.

normally takes me tops, 2 hours to do a full head, that is at someones home , not in a salon and includes putting it in, blending cutting, styling etc.
Oh good, well i personally dont like doing a full head of microrings for example, i find it hard to sell ppl things i dont like hahaha.
İll be offering bondings, and la weave. İ hate hate hate tapes . As they are a ball ache to to remove, clean , and refit..

Euphoria one is my favourite brand i always used to wear the Brazilian and the russian, never had bad hair from them .

İ guess i need to do some research on what ppl charge here in the leeds/Wakefield area.
And then decide if i want to offer it.

Thank you for you're help xxx

thats fair enough, i would defo do at least two methods at least then it should cover everyone.

how are you removing your tapes/ what are you using for it? i've never used it but i know oil based removers are great for taking them out but no use when putting them back in. i use 50/50 remover and then they just slide out, leave them so theyve dried off a bit and then use your thumb and a good bit of pressure and just slide along it and they come off.

yeah have a look what they charge, i wouldn't undersell yourself though. make it worth your while

thats fair enough, i would defo do at least two methods at least then it should cover everyone.

how are you removing your tapes/ what are you using for it? i've never used it but i know oil based removers are great for taking them out but no use when putting them back in. i use 50/50 remover and then they just slide out, leave them so theyve dried off a bit and then use your thumb and a good bit of pressure and just slide along it and they come off.

yeah have a look what they charge, i wouldn't undersell yourself though. make it worth your while
İ will definitely not be cheaper then others. Either same or just above.

Yea its an oil based remover i used. İts not getting them out that is an issue. İts getting them out, washing them and getting the clients hair washed and dried, then retaping etc. Just takes forever,
Easyest refit are microrings really

Latest posts

Back