Lab puppy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi have you seen that spray they sell it im most pet shops you spray it on things they bite and they wont bite it again as it tastes horrible it worked on my lab xx

i know people may disagree but here is my advice i have 3 boys when the third was born my eldest was 3 and my second 16 months and a new born.
i tried to potty train my eldest at 2 did not work so i left it until the summer of his third birthday and he basically did it all himself so i followed the same pattern with the other 2 and they did it themselves. boys are not as mature (bodily) as girls so i would leave it until the next year,
by waiting until all the boys where 3 they did night and day at the same time and i never get any wet beds.
ignore peole who say they potty trained their kids very early (thats nice for them)
and if its pressure because of nursery etc explain to them. put the little one in pullups because they usually toilet groups of kiddies at the nursery anyway and they know about toilet accidents and again dont worry what other people say.
on to your other baby i got a westie 18 months ago and crate trained him for 3 weeks.(puppies dont let messing in their own beds.
i let him out to go in the garden then if he didnt toilet i would not leave him unatended in the house if i had chores to do i would pop him in his crate.
if i saw him messing then i would shout no but if he messes and your not there dont tell him off.
another thing is to get loads of news paper and when you see him wee rub the news paper in it and put it e.g by the back door or conservatory and that is where he will do his wee,s as his scent is allready on there.
a great site for advice on puppies is www.champdogs.co.uk
hope this helps

thanx 4 advice joanne, about potty training, this is why i wanted to train him 4 play school, coz the school i want him 2 go 2 is sooo popular, the only way to get them in isto put them in their play school, and of course they need to b potty trained. i've got pull ups, so i cud give it a go, ne way he'll b nearly 3 when he goes.

I have had my dog 3 years now and he still wees indoors if he gets the chance. it is really depresing that he still does it!! we rehomed him when he was 6 months old. i spoke 2 the vet bout the weeing and they told me that i shuld get an indoor kennel coz they dnt weee in their own bed. WRONG!!!!!! he does!! from wat we can gather he was not looked after properly and will always have this weeing problem. we have to put him out when we go out and when we go 2 bed coz he will wee 2 or 3 times whilct unatended, i wld rather keep him outside than get rid of him, coz we love him 2 pieces and he is my bestest boy on 4 legs. we have jus started lettin him sleep in my daughters room and he does not wee in there, so maybe he jus needs company all the time, he doesnt lyk being in the garden but only if EVERY1 who is in the house is outside, otherwise he doesnt go out, it seems he has a fear of the garden. we have jus learnt to live wiv it. hope u have success in trianin pup and son!! GOOD LUCK :)

Hi

Had a disaster just when i thought it was going so well with fudge she goes and "poos" in the living room (the only room with a carpet everywhere else is wood and she isnt even allowed in there!) i nearly murdered her.

Potty Training: My boys were both quite good really i started them at 18-2yrs and i used a sticker chart with them. If they had a full day with no accidents they got an extra big sticker to wear. I used it for sleeping, eating well , tiding thier rooms still use them now and they still work! They are 4 and 7 now. I didnt bother with pull ups unless we went out and they soon loved the freedom of big boy pants.

Latest posts

Back