Label Gelish bottles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks don't know about you but every time I'm looking for a colour in my box it's always the last one I pick up that I want sooooo annoying :( does any one have any ideas about labelling the tops ??

I bought the small dot sticky labels u get an gelished each one xx

I'm mobile and I have a system that helps me identify a colour and keep track of stock. I guess lots of other geeks do something similar.

I use the sticky dot labels on the top of each bottle and number them 1,2,3 - 50 or so. I place them in my Roo containers in number order.

I then attach the same number to the underside of the colour I have painted on a display wheel.

I give the wheels to the clients for the them to choose a colour. I then just turn the wheel over, check the number and locate it easily in one of my bags. I always tell the client the name of the colour as the names sound far more exciting than a boring number.
(Also, not enough space to write the full names on a display wheel)

I can record the client's choice using the number system and also keep track of bottle usage and stock really easily with a simple spreadsheet.

It also gives the client the impression that you are very organised and professional (hopefully!). :)

I did consider putting a blob of Gelish/Gelcolor on the tip of each container but some colours (particularly from different brands) are very similar and easily confused.

I do this. Top of bottled numbered in a Roo beauty case - number written on the flat colour sticks, which are what the client selects from. Works a treat and just leave my case at the side so I can reach in and pick up the one I want. Didn't find the stickers stuck very well, so I write them on with a CD/DVD marker pen.

Didn't find the stickers stuck very well, so I write them on with a CD/DVD marker pen.

That's a good idea as well.

I painted over the stickers with clear nail varnish to help them stay on as some of the bottle tops I have are black. This seems to work ok for me.

I too do similar to the others by using a black permanent marker pen I number the tops of my bottles to match the numbers on my colour wheel.

I also use a dvd/cd marker to write the number on the top and then number the corresponding colour sticks so people can choose the one they want x

I used a gel brush and painted a small dot of the gelish color on the top of the lid, then I covered the "peep hole" with my thumb and held the lid in the light. I then did the same with topitoff over the color.

I had no problems with this:) Ive used all colors i have since i did this and none of the show any signs of curing (I tried it first with a bottle that was almost empty just to be sure.)

I got sticky labels, did all the colours in circles, then got a whole puncher & then stuck them on top of the bottles
see in my album I got more now though :)

I have a fine black permenant marker and write the name on the tops.
xx

Thankyou for your replies some good ideas and I'm gonna look for that roo polish case :)

I have got thirty three gelish colour bottles in the larger Roo case so far. Will have to get dividers for the other one soon; and I have all my essentials in a smaller one - foundation, top it off etc. It's a godsend! :)

I type mine in small caps in Word then print them and cut them in strips and tape one to the lid and one to the display stick. Bottles don't look great with Sellotape round them but they r in my box so the client doesn't really c them.

I make little decals to stick to the top of the bottle. I just dab a small (<1/4")drop of the colour on a plastic bag, cure it. If necessary, do another dab and cure again, then top coat and cure again. dab with alcohol and then peel off of the bag and stick with a dab of glue onto the bottle top.

I make little decals to stick to the top of the bottle. I just dab a small (<1/4")drop of the colour on a plastic bag, cure it. If necessary, do another dab and cure again, then top coat and cure again. dab with alcohol and then peel off of the bag and stick with a dab of glue onto the bottle top.

This sounds like a good idea. Do they last? x

Latest posts

Back