Lace on enhancements....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
I saw this picture at the CND site (Fall collection) where the model is wearing
black lace on her nails :p Has anyone done this? (Gluing real lace on an enhancement). If so, how is it done? :green:

Kat's Claws said:
black lace on her nails :p Has anyone done this? (Gluing real lace on an enhancement). If so, how is it done? :green:

Hiya Kat,
I have seen this done, You can place lace onto the nail and soak in resin to secure :)
Another method which looks cool is to place lace onto the nail and then airbrush the nail. Once the lace is remove you are left with a lovely lace pattern.

Kat's Claws said:

Hello Kate,
Recently I tried fabric on clear tips “ French style ” I bought some off cuts of material, they looked great. I thought coloured lace would look fabulous too. This week I hope to hit the local craft and fabric stores in search of some pretty lace. Follow this link for some great pictures. Also this technique is explained in detail . Just Fantastic! :biggrin:
http://www.beautytech.com/nailtech/gallery67.htm
To apply the lace I would try the same technique.

Deb

Hiya Deb,
I have tried the link in the post but cant get to the site :cry:

lesley1965 said:
Hiya Deb,
I have tried the link in the post but cant get to the site :cry:

oop’s, it should work now. LOL :o

Deb :green:

Sawasdee ka kat

I have some photos in magazine of lace up nails i will show to you today but later because i have lady come make nail enhhancement in 45 min :biggrin:

Mui from Thailand

Kat's Claws said:
Hi Kat, theses are not lace but so cool and may be something you might want to try since she gives directions on how to do them. The thing that I am most proud of is this gal graduated from the same beauty school that I did and live in the same small town, Chico California usa. http://www.beautytech.com/nailtech/gallery67.htm
let me know what you think.
Suzanne

Kat's Claws said:

Hi Kate,

I know the nail you seen in CND site, tried it but don't have a pic to show you. Seen the same nail in a magazine ( Tough Girls Get Lace-Up Nails) with some tips on how to do.

Give the nails their long tapered edges and rough look by shaping the nail tips with a cuticle scissors rather the filling them.
Polish the base of the nail in "Creative's Point Black" enamel and uce "Cream Puff" on the free-edge and paint in the half moon or leave blank.
Punch 8 holes in the free-edge using a nail puching tool, coat black ribbon with "Speed Bond" nail edhesive to stop the ribbon from fraying.
Lace through the holes and tie bow. Fix the bow in place with a small amount of "Speed Bond".

String or leathercan also be used. There are many ways to do this design by adding stones or free-hand nail art.

Hope this helps,
Bernie

sawasdee ka

2 photos lace up nails www.beautynaildesign.com in gallery 3 d nail art last 1 and page 2 .

Mui from Thailand

hi,i actually did inlayed black lace on my nails about a month ago!it looked really effective,how i did it was found an off-cut of some lace...layed a very thin layer of acrylic onto my nail (tip,i cut the lace diagonally so it was a varient of french) pressed the lace into it and carried on with clear acrylic over the top as normal,i also inlayed 3 diamontes that followed the diagonal line of the lace,it was very effective..hope that helps!
heli x

Hi heli,

I dont suppose you took any pic's of your lace nail i would love to see it!

Lisa

Just wanted to say thankyou to all of you for this post, loved looking at all the pictures and has really got me feeling creative, i'm off to cut up some of my old lacy garments! (well i've been married too long, don't need them now :D )

zanynails said:
Hello Kate,
Recently I tried fabric on clear tips “ French style ” I bought some off cuts of material, they looked great. I thought coloured lace would look fabulous too. This week I hope to hit the local craft and fabric stores in search of some pretty lace. Follow this link for some great pictures. Also this technique is explained in detail . Just Fantastic! :biggrin:
http://www.beautytech.com/nailtech/gallery67.htm
To apply the lace I would try the same technique.

Deb

WOW ! Awesome. Gotta try that.

Haha!

I got so excited about doing this that I couldn't wait to try it! So I tryed using the material from a fishnet stocking, because I thought it would look perfect for my Ann Summers Breast Cancer night. Unfortunatley it didn't quite come out looking the way it did in my head! :lol:

Oh well, try and try again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back