Lack of confidence since lockdown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppyisland

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Since lock down a lot of clients (obviously) have a lot of root which on some I’m finding it harder than usual to match up. (Ones that have used purple shampoos, full head bleached etc)
Once Iv lifted the hair Iv completely lost my confidence with Toning blondes. I don’t know why.
I usually use matrix toners (8v and 10v particularly) but when I see them going a bit darker (developing) and purple hues coming through I panic and wash them off!
Has this happened to anyone else or am I just going mad!?
It’s driving me mad [emoji31]

I’ve had a few problems . And I think it stems from trying to fit things in in the same timescale as I would usually and not taking all the hygiene procedures ,

Hi @Poppyisland,

Its completely understandable to feel uneasy after having a break due to the pandemic, I think we have all experienced this at some point.

To help ease so of the uncertainty, it may be worth booking your clients in before hand for a consultation prior to their appointment. That way you can take strands to test the hair and match the colour which will hopefully make your life easier when they come in for their appointment. Having tested the hair already, you will have established how long you need to leave the toner on and should feel more at ease when carrying out the procedure on their hair.

We have done this in our salon and it has really helped doing a consultation prior to the appointment, because you are going in knowing exactly what you are doing and can get started straight away which also helps with timings.

Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back