lack of confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxy

Reaction score
My daughter is a newly qualified hairdresser, and I have the oppertunity to lease her a small salon that she could run on her own. I thought she would be really pleased, but has now told me that although this is her dream to have her own salon, she does not have the confidence to go for it.
Does anyone have any ideas, I hate to see her pass up this chance, or if anyone knows who she can contact to get some one-one training with a top hairdresser, preferably in Scotland.
thanks

Try seeing if there is a Toni&Guy Training Academy in Scotland. She'll get some great high fashion training, and if she stocks their retail products (excellent by the way), she should get some sort of free training with her package.

Thanks, will try them.

Think it would be better for her if she does some "time" in a salon first. This will boost her confidence no end.

My daughter has a really busy mobile hairdressing service. She trained in New Zealand, and when we came back to Scotland, her qualifications did not match the British ones, so she completed an advanced course here. She does have the training and experience, but no confidence to open her own salon.

Toni & Guy do franchises, so do Saks, but I think it has to be in a main city & a certain sq meterage for the premises. Toni & Guy will still offer help if she becomes a stockist though, and the styling products are fab.:green:

Latest posts

Back