lacy nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy_moo_64

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me how you do the 'lacy nails'.

I've seen pics of them and they look really good for weddings etc

I've airbrushed over a piece of lace before, but i've seen others that don't look airbrushed, if you know what i mean!

Are they transfers, and if so, where would i get these from?

thanx

hi the only other thing i have seen for the effect otherthan airbrushing would be the lace affect foils,they have them in allsorts of designs,you can get them at sallys and i have even seen a kit from qvc,by a company called nail fx,also some are on ebay,hope this helps love dee

Hi, you can create some fab nails with lace, just get different types, old net curtains are also great to airbrush through. The list of things you can do with lace and airbrush if vast, paint loads of colours on the nail and then put the lace over the top and spray through another colour, or just do half the nail with lace, all are very effective. if you go to a material shop and look at all the types of lace they have and just get a few inches of each it willnot cost a great deal and you will get loads of designs, or alternativly do as I do and go to the odd bits and bob box of things and in there you willfind all sorts that is great for airbrushing though and you can get loads for just pennies, all of which give absolutly amazing results.

Good luck
Grace x

Hello

If you have any nail art pens using the fine nib you can build up lots of small dots the size of a pin head to create a pattern resembling lace. Or I have seen lace applied to the nail and acrylic overlayed ontop to seal it into the nail which looks amazing!!! Real lace inside the acrylic - I think the lace has to be cut to the size before hand and it is better to use fine lace and attach it with some nail adhesive first. I'm sure I have read about this some time ago but for the life of me cant remember where but remember seeing pictures.

Give it a go and post your pickies up so we can all see!! ;)

i love the idea of putting the lace under the acrylic so think i will give that a go ha!ha! that should be fun!!

I've tried finding scraps of lace to airbrush over, but the patterns are always massive, and it ends up looking like a splodge of white paint!! i've been asked to do some for some wedding nails in June, so thought i'd get practising now!!

Hi ya just wondered if anyone could post any pics of any 'lacing' nail designs they have done, i love the idea of placing lace onto the nail then applying acrylic over the top and would really appreciate seeing some pics thanks peeps x x x

There is a section in the Nail Artistry book by the same author as the Encyclopaedia for Nails where they show how to put lace under the acrylic. I can scan that page in and email it to anybody who's interested - send me a PM and i'll do it for ya!

Regards Carole:)

loo said:
Hello

If you have any nail art pens using the fine nib you can build up lots of small dots the size of a pin head to create a pattern resembling lace. Or I have seen lace applied to the nail and acrylic overlayed ontop to seal it into the nail which looks amazing!!! Real lace inside the acrylic - I think the lace has to be cut to the size before hand and it is better to use fine lace and attach it with some nail adhesive first. I'm sure I have read about this some time ago but for the life of me cant remember where but remember seeing pictures.

Give it a go and post your pickies up so we can all see!! ;)

These is the sort of thing achived with a nail art pen.

Attachments

• DSC000163.jpg
    DSC000163.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 399
thats v pretty lesley!!

Nail FX do some really nice lace foils....all different colours and look fab. I got mine from qvc.

Vicky

here ya go, black lace set inside a fibreglass nail. i just used the lace instead of the fibre!!!

antony

Attachments

• lace 8.JPG
    lace 8.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,405
They are absolutely amazing - well played!!!!! I didnt realise you could put them under fibreglass so that really is great as far as I'm concerned. Wot did you use to glue the lace to the nail?

Carole xxx

i used ezflows brush on resin to glue the centre of the lace to the nail, and smoothed over with a piece of plastic wrap to seal it to the nail. then added more resin where it was needed and smoothed over again.

if you check out the next issue of scratch, its featured as a step by step in there

antony

All i can say to that Antony is WOW...!They are beautiful...Vicky

Love it on the nail tip looks soooooooooo cool.
Thanks Ant

WOW!!
Can't wait for next issue of scratch.
VERY TALENTED MAN:D

Thanx for the info but wot do you mean by "plastic wrap"?

by plastic wrap, i mean a piece of flexible plastic. i use cut up, clear freezer bags. they smooth the lace really well and the resin doesnt stick to them

antony

sorry for driving you nuts, Ants, but can you just confirm that you do actually remove the plastic wrap? How long do you wait before doing that? I'm so going to have a go coz they are soooo impressive!! I've even signed up for the Scratch magazine :)

its easy carol. all you do is use the plastic to press the lace to the nail for a few seconds. the pressure you ue will causr the resin to set and hold the lace. think of the wrap as an alternative for your fingers!!!.
i began in the centre on the nail. then resin and plastic wrap the cuticle then the tip.
once all the lace is secured, i then trim to fit the nail.

antony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back