ladies nights - demonstrations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza Doolittle

Reaction score
Hi, Im not sure if this is the right forum?

I have been asked to do a demonstration at a ladies guild night next week, and agreed. However, I wondered if anyone had ever done this before and if so, any ideas on what I could demonstrate etc.I did think I could do a make up application???

Thank you

hey

i think make up would be good, you could also do file and polishes - you'll probably wanna offer a discount on any treatments booked that night.

Good luck

hth

Becki xxx

Thanks for your advice Becki, much appreciated!

I think make up would be a good one, not a lot of people know how to apply make up correctly xx

How about a quick and simple skin care routine, most people still just "wash & go" and also skin protection, even in the winter, etc. There is no excuse especially as you can now get foundations and moisturisers containing SPF. :hug:

Thank you! I think I will give a quick chat about skincare and then do a makeover - that should fill in the 45 mins!

I dont know your circumstances, regarding premises where you are going to do it, how much time you have or how many ladies will be at the demo. But ive recently purchased new skincare and in a couple of weeks im going to do a demonstration.
As im demonstrating and talking about what each product does, skincare routines and product application im going to give clients the chance to sample and 'have a go' on themselves. In small little disposable containers in going to squirt for example, cleanser, mask, moisturiser and such. So they can see, feel and experience the products themselves. May not be what you are wanting to do but Its just an idea I thought id share. x

Hi,
Thanks! Good idea! Good luck with your Demo!

Hi there

I have done many demostrations in the past for schools, ladies night and playgroup and have done demo.s and proceeds went to charity.

It really depends on the amount of people that you have in that night.
How many hours you are running the demo for.

I have done mini facials
10 minute reflexology
mini pedicure/manicure

If you are going to do what ever you choose to do on other people whilst there you will have to calculate how long you have to do each person.
10/15 minutes is usually about right.
The make up maybe be a good idea if you are only demostrating on one person but i would think it would be too much if it was for others as well.

And Always offera discount if you get any bookings on the night or anytime afterwards.
If you have business cards leaflets etc give them out to them so they have something else to take home with them.

Hi,where do can you get your disposable pots from (I know Boots sell them), but is there anywhere cheaper?

thanks

Latest posts

Back