Lady’s hair breaking off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayesha

Reaction score
Hi geeks just looking for some advice. So 8 weeks ago I did a lady. Full head of weaved foils with bleach and 20 vol. hsir was strong and in loveky condition (not stretchy or dry at all) she messaged me 4 weeks after I had done it saying her hsir was breaking off!! ( surely if this was anything to do with wgst I had done this would of happened instantly not 4 weeks after I had done it?!?) I’ve asked her if she’s on any medication or stressed ect and she said no. Shr did tell me sge was using Pantene on it She had put a brown dye on it herself but it’s still breaking off!!! I’m thinking olaplex treatment!!! Am I right in thinking I damp the hsir down apply no 1 leave for 20-30 mins. Rinse then apply no 2 leave on while cutting then rinse shampoo and condition?!

No that’s not how you use the olaplex treatment! Usually number one is added into the bleach itself than the number two step is to help rebuild the bonds that are breaking down during the service of lightening. But her putting another color over and using Pantene is just making things worse. I would say make sure she gets a good conditioning treatment and doesn’t touch it. If she had the problem she should of come to you before coloring, right?!

Shr did tell me sge was using Pantene on it She had put a brown dye on it herself but it’s still breaking off!!!

Someone who uses Pantene shampoo and then applies a box dye after having a professional lightening service surely can’t be that bothered about their hair. It makes no sense. Has she booked in for a conditioning treatment?

No that’s not how you use the olaplex treatment! Usually number one is added into the bleach itself than the number two step is to help rebuild the bonds that are breaking down during the service of lightening. But her putting another color over and using Pantene is just making things worse. I would say make sure she gets a good conditioning treatment and doesn’t touch it. If she had the problem she should of come to you before coloring, right?!
You can use no 1 as a stand alone treatment with water

Attachments

• B9E3B99B-2B20-4167-8A94-10A12DCD5C56.jpeg
    B9E3B99B-2B20-4167-8A94-10A12DCD5C56.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 79

Wow good to know! I’ve always just used it in the steps it was supposed to be!

Someone who uses Pantene shampoo and then applies a box dye after having a professional lightening service surely can’t be that bothered about their hair. It makes no sense. Has she booked in for a conditioning treatment?
Excstky I’ve advised her to but olaplex no 3 and use it religiously!!! I’m planning on seeing her in a couple weeks to give her a olaplex treatment myself!!!! I just don’t understand it after a month of me doing it!!! It’s strange

Wow good to know! I’ve always just used it in the steps it was supposed to be!
I thought so too!!!! Untill I just read up!!! Just confused about the shampoo side of it. But I think I’ll do no 1 with water. Rinse. Then apply no 2 and leave it while cutting. Then shampoo and condition

I add no 2 to a leave in conditioner that I spray on before cutting. I don’t rinse it out. I do this on my own hair and it’s great.

Olaplex state that their products should not be used in spray bottles as it can irritate the lungs. This is why the instructions always call for a "non-spraying applicator bottle".

She can use Olaplex 3 and leave it in her hair overnight until she gets back to you for serious conditioning.

If you read it though, it's only the same as a stand alone treatment you use no. 1 first leave for 5 minutes then apply no. 2 for 10-20 mins. Thats how I was tought to do a stand alone treatment.

I’d make sure she doesn’t try to blame you for any of this and tell her that the shampoo and box dyes are
Horrendous! Then get his in for conditioning treatments. If you have fusio dose I also love them and encourage her to do mask treatments at home also

Latest posts

Back