Lady asking for a refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ailsa'snailedit

Reaction score
Hi lovelies

First time posting here!

In desperate need of some advice pls.

On 30th Dec I did a set of sculpted gel nails with shellac on top for a new client she went away and seemed happy with them. On 1st Jan she messaged me and said she had lost one she sent me a pic I cld tell from the pic she had snapped it in half cos she wasn't used to having longer nails. Anyway I offered to fix and booked her in for the Mon (bearing in mind I was actually off till 6th Jan!) Later that day she messaged again saying another had fallen off whilst she was washing her hair. I messaged her back asking her to come a bit earlier on the Mon so I cld repair both and check the rest were ok she then came back saying she just wanted a full refund I went back to her and said I had offered to fix for her and I also offered to remove and give her a part refund in this instance but this still wasn't good enough she wants a full refund. It's been going on since then and I have gotten fed up of her so today told her I have taken advice and I am not refunding her cos she did not give me the opportunity to rectify the problem and on the Mon she Shld have come to me she instead went to someone else and got a whole new set put on she has come back to me saying she wants all my details , insurance qualifications etc and that she will be taking it further. What do I do?!! Xxxx

I would ring your insurance for advice. She's not given you the opportunity to fix and you have offered a partial refund, to remove and to fix - which she's accepted none.

I know this isn't very professional but she needs to get a grip, it's a score or so and a set of nails...does this really need to be taken further?! x

She is only taking your details to scare you, In all honesty what judge would entertain 2 of my nails broke? Her health has not be damaged in any way she has absolutely nothing to sue for. She should have come back to you to rectify the problem and hasn't, I personally would not refund either.

The best reply would be that you can't give out details of your insurance company but if you get her solicitor to send you a letter you will pass it on your insurance company who will then deal with her claim…. you will never hear from her again.

Honestly she probably only wanted them for new years eve and is now scaremongering you for a refund. Guaranteed she snapped the tip new years eve and still wasn't careful after resulting in another break.

No refunds. Ever. You are not responsible for how they treat their nails when they leave. Jewels, not tools!

Latest posts

Back