Lame advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nonacrylicgel said:
Do you mean....GLUTARALDEHYDE........ which CND products contain this then?

um... none. shall we discuss gel products?

Gimme a minute... I am catching up on all the hoopla

PS... thanks for the silly typo correction. I am sure thousands were confused but are now clued up. :rolleyes:

nonacrylicgel said:
Well, don't worry I am not offended by the patronising, "love" I believe that your right and I was involved early on but pulled out when I realised how uncommerical the course was and how it was being written by the L & P people which as we all know is a dead line...roll on Brisa, the new generation of CND Gel putting a wierd spin on all those years of L&P being best.....

You know this quality education, does it involve some strict exams and does it gaurantee fantastic quality and in-depth knowledge, or is it merely course work and a few assessments rolled up as a badge of mere completion. Personnally I respect the education fo the Creative Master far, far more than this. Hehe I know some of the assessors "working" and passing people......

I am all for your new gel, now you can phase out the L & P and gradually let everyone know that we've all moved on from L & P.

Problem with most nail techs is that some may have even 25 years of experience but with how many products and for how long. The average nail tech in the UK starts on St** in college and then moves onto one other whereby they are brainwashed into believing stuff..... you see I read books and took education from people outside the nail industry...so my knowledge didn't get spun by commercial nail influences.

And coming from outside industry and being responsbile for creating the kickstart that moved nails on from being a cottage industry to the professional business it is becoming. Some people have been in the nails for 30 years. Funny that turnover in the busines suddenly mushroomed in 1997 onwards when a number of things were done to boost the industry and take it into the 21st Century.

You keep going on like L&P is dead. Why would you think this? CND releases a gel line that has been years in the making so that they can offer a more complete range of systems. L&P still is and most likely always be the far most used system in the world. CND is just now offering a great choice for people who want to use a gel system.

Its funny when you look at the market share of UK nail systems only to wonder what the hell you are on about.

PS... still catching up...

Oh why don't we disuss, the sticking power of chewing gum on a bed post overnight......
I am sure there is some chemical or comical explanation for it !!!!!!!!!!

Anyway all this laughing has made me tired.............
See ya soon, Olympia babe !!!!!!!!!! whooo hoooooooooooo.
The stand will be packed now, thanks to all that publicity...........

TTFN from here to you xxx

nonacrylicgel said:
I apologise for the mistype. What do you know I am not a typist after all.

But I champion being sarcastic.....:eek:

heck... MMS, MMR, gluteraldehyde, GLUTARALDEHYDE... whats the diff eh? ;)

Ok... caught up here on the heavy amount of posting happening here and have come to some simple conclusions.

A- Not everyone is clued up on the realities of the nail industry
B- Some making posts in this thread are not even nail technicians.
C- Someone is scared witless about watching their small peice of pie get substantially smaller.

Thanks to that, Most CND masters have been informed via telephone calls that they are launching a gel line. If that wasnt good advertising enough, all nail techs can now see how certain companies react to refreshing innovation in their tiny market share.

In the end, the nail technician will decide on the system and brand that perfoms for them. Scare marketing and pathetic mud slinging soon wears thin and becomes rather transparent.

In the end, CND could have 'copied' certain companies lines years ago... but wouldnt that be like Ferrari trying to copy a Ka? (especially where in this analogy, the Ferraris are being driven by substantially more people and costs less). Doug Schoon stated that he would not realease a gel line until he felt he could make a substantial difference to the category. Brisa is his contribution.

Dont be so scared of change... maybe you can learn a thing or two 'nonacrylicgel'. After all, its not like you have to worry about which one to use in your salon ;)

Shall I now lock this thread or can we all get on with our lives?

Please lets get on and do what we do best which is to help our members to understand more and to be better informed and better prepared nail technicians. That has always been what this site is about.

I for one can no longer be bothered to waste my time sparring with someone who claims to be the king of sarcasm which as we all know is the 'lowest form of wit'.

it has taken me a very long time to read and digest the continuous back and fro of this thread.
i thought i might just as well add my pennies worth!

g.m geek used the anology of ferrari's & K A's .

since it has become common knowledge that cnd were launching brisa, i've been asked a few times "will it take the place of l & p?"

in answering, i've also used a car anology.

why do mercedes make people carriers?

some people choose to use a top of the range make of car. if they need a people carrier, why should they have to buy a Ford?

mercedes realised that it was benefitial to their customers to offer a more complete range.

does this mean that because they now make people carriers, they will stop their very successful range of saloon &sports cars???

of course not, people have different needs & desires, so an intelligent company will recognise that some people recognise a quality company & will stay faithfull to that range more so if the range is complete.

i think that mayb cnd have taken a leaf out of mercedes book, don't u?!?

just a thought

liza x

Well I personally believe the analogy has missed the mark.:p

Your right to choose, Mercedes, the German brand because it does represent all the values of this other brand we don't mention. It's range is equivalent to the prescriptive system of the other brand and you are spot on that different nails need different applications, can't be done with just one L & P. That's why this other brand is prescriptive....but then I won't be mixing Merc and Ferrari parts on the same engine....it just doesn't work and before you know it your mixing all sorts to get one to work, silk, fibre glass, L & P, acrylic gel.

IF (big if) Brisa is as good as this other brand which happens to be prescriptive then I gaurantee you will all drop L & P like a stone....why carry three or four lots of stock if one does it perfectly.....modern people carriers do 120mph, seat 7, have unbelievable luxury and make driving a real pleasure.....you get what you pay for though....

As for the rest of the analogy, your cheaper products that you mention fit perfectly as the American Brands of cars do. Brilliant for the uneducated mass market who don't understand the refinement of European brands...such as Mercedes, Ferrari etc.

Personally, the American car brands don't suit me...but try telling an average American about the reasons for using a quality European car........it's amazing how hard it is to get one of these open-minded folk (not) to get behind the wheel of a European model to even try it......

Now there's a similarity for an analogy. :lol:

Hmmm! I am American. I have 3 brothers. One drives a Jaguar (British I think but then who knows these days). My other brother drives a BMW. And my 3rd brother has an American Cadillac. In fact it always amazes me when I am driving north on I5 in California just how many Foreign cars there are on the road ... it is certainly not a rare sight at all.

Many Americans also buy American cars as a show of patriotism. The French are even more fanatically nationalistic in their choice of cars, not to mention the Germans and their love of their Mercs and BMW's. Some people would applaud this rather than ridicule it.

It may surprise you to know, (I being one of them) that some technicians just love the artistry involved in using Liquid and powder. They love using it, moulding it, mixing it, and finishing it. They like the odour of it and do not find anything offensive about it. Perhaps this is something that a non-artistic person perhaps can not appreciate. Maybe a person who knows more about cars and less about nails will find it even more difficult to appreciate. I enjoy doing all systems well, but my favorite application is L&P and I've no doubt always will be. That is the choice I have and the choice I always will have.

In fact, I could choose from no less than 5 different liquid monomers that are made by Creative. ALL sell well in the States, despite Retention+ being the most sophisticated technologically. Some technicians prefer to stick with what they like and what works for them. There we have those choices again. I think Lisa's analogy was a perfectly good one.

Why not give it a rest now ... you are not impressing anyone reading your posts .... can't you tell??

geeg said:
Hmmm! I am American. I have 3 brothers. One drives a Jaguar (British I think but then who knows these days). My other brother drives a BMW. And my 3rd brother has an American Cadillac. In fact it always amazes me when I am driving north on I5 in California just how many Foreign cars there are on the road ... it is certainly not a rare sight at all.

Many Americans also buy American cars as a show of patriotism. The French are even more fanatically nationalistic in their choice of cars, not to mention the Germans and their love of their Mercs and BMW's. Some people would applaud this rather than ridicule it.

It may surprise you to know, (I being one of them) that some technicians just love the artistry involved in using Liquid and powder. They love using it, moulding it, mixing it, and finishing it. They like the odour of it and do not find anything offensive about it. Perhaps this is something that a non-artistic person perhaps can not appreciate. Maybe a person who knows more about cars and less about nails will find it even more difficult to appreciate. I enjoy doing all systems well, but my favorite application is L&P and I've no doubt always will be. That is the choice I have and the choice I always will have.

In fact, I could choose from no less than 5 different liquid monomers that are made by Creative. ALL sell well in the States, despite Retention+ being the most sophisticated technologically. Some technicians prefer to stick with what they like and what works for them. There we have those choices again. I think Lisa's analogy was a perfectly good one.
So please..........
geeg said:
Why not give it a rest now ... you are not impressing anyone reading youor posts .... can't you tell??
Well, said Gigi..............
Nail Techs, from all around the world are visiting this site, to gain valuable information relating to Nail Technology.......

Nonacrylicgel, your posts have no educational value and after all, this is what this forum is for!!!....Education and Advise..... We are not here, do diss a product or a system, but to help and advise nail techs, no matter which product they may choose..........The help offered here on this board, is given by everyday working nail Technicians using different brands and different systems....Brands and systems of their choice......This is what makes this board so fab....The experience and skill of those Techs and their dedication to help those that need it!!!!!!

Nonacrylicgel's post have shown me, how not to conduct myself in business and in public, yes it's very public here.

I would have rather liked to have seen some sound advice given by nonacrylicgel, helping and advising struggling Gel Techs. If you are that good at producing a fab set of Gel enhancements, why not share your wisdom rather then trying to score points. We might then take you a bit more serious. Or are your skills more related to the admin side of things?
I am speaking here as a Nail tech in the square mile of London, who believes in the freedom of choice for my clients....and never have to turn anyone away because I don't do a system.....That would be like going to the butchers and he is telling me, that from now on he only sells beef...so what would I do then............Go to the one that has a full service menu, the one that gives me choice, MY CHOICE...........

just to clarify a small (but slightly insignificent) point.
the FORD that i was refering to was the ford cars made for the british (if not the european) market.
i usually buy ford's, they r easy to get parts for & value for money.
however, as geeg, ruth & numerous others have pointed out, we have slightly over-done this thread.
let's wait for the launch & see how the product is received.
i, like geeg will take some converting, as i've achieved numerous comp. wins nationally with good old l & p.
while we r on the subject, if the gel systems that have been around so far r sooo... good, how come i haven't come across any gel users in the international nail championships??
so far the evidence is there for everyone to see...
l & p enhancements have been superior on the competition circuit for as long as i've been competeing(12 yrs)
i, like geeg, enjoy the versatility of creating my own mixes, but, i'm always excited by new technology.
as for expanding the compitition circuit.... watch this space...
liza xx

I subscribe to several nail tech boards on the internet, and I have noticed that currently the most rated brand of gel by the techs themselves is Akzents - not the company belonging to nonacrylic gel. The distributor of Akzents does not seem to have a problem with Brisa entering the market place - I would imagine she will welcome the competition and appreciate the publicity that Gel as a product will receive when Brisa launches.

There is so much to a product that makes you choose to use it, and the factors involved are different for every tech. For me, I use Creative Retention+, Fabric#, and IBD gel. They suit my needs, I can get training locally (which is vital to get the best from a product), my clients like it and the companies who distribute give me great back up.

I am always open to change my products, but to be honest I am now seriously put off trying any of nonacrylicgel's products. I need my suppliers to be supporting me, I need to trust them, I need to like them. Nonacrylicgel - the content of your posts make me concerned (as an experienced and successful businesswoman), even if your products were better - I would not buy from you, I do not want to do business with you, you have embarressed yourself and made your company look like a stuck up, desperate & money grabbing operation. You have argued with opinion and not fact - anyone in business knows that is not the way to succeed.

This business is a "nice" business. We all get on, learn together, help each other. You and your arrogance to not fit in this "nice" business.

I know their are rules about flaming on this site, but I have read this thread and could not hold back any more.

Hi !

Well with over 1500 views and 71 posts I certainly made people think.:D

I believe in free speech and I must admit I applaud CND for opening this site and even letting little old me have a rant.

I am sorry if my point seems to have got lost somewhere along the ways.

I applaud CND for bringing out a Gel...fact!

I appluad CND for quality training...fact!

As for the butchers comment, I happen to know a lot of butchers and the most profitable and sucessful have a spcific and limited range having decided not to sell certain lines.:o

As for this being a "nice" business.....well things have moved on, this is big business and if it was nice there would be no MMA or cheap nail shops operating without proper training.

For the future I see an industry almost ten times today's sales and there will will be many changes and huge rationalisation and legislative standards will come into play.

Some of the other companies, not CND, who make false claims like the company who likes to use the word organic....without the main word "chemical" ie they sell organic chemicals derived from oil not organic products from the soil will hopefully change to tell the truth or be driven out and the company that proudly (see relevant post on this site) sold a kit at BB2004 and completed the girl's training at the show.....(was this for real!!!!:evil: ) will dissappear from sight.

My problem as is politely put by Ella is not one of arrogance, oh far from it, I know my character flaws and limitations, my problem is one of passion and belief in this industry and its future. I know what I know through life's bitter experiences and a good education which has never stopped, I learn every day and have even learnt from these postings.

I wear my heart on my sleeve and speak passionately, if it offends then I apologise but I truly believe what I say and as I have said earlier you will all make your own minds up.....but to not learn and not to explore....well...:sad:

As to the I am not a nail tech. comment. Yep you are right I don't apply nails every day....I can though! But then another chap I know, a Mr Einstein didn't do a lot of practical stuff either....turns out his thinking has shaped the world we live in beyond recognition.....:?:

I can leave this now and yes I will hold my head up, unabashed but wiser for the priviledge of communicating with you all.:)

ella said:
I subscribe to several nail tech boards on the internet, and I have noticed that currently the most rated brand of gel by the techs themselves is Akzents - not the company belonging to nonacrylic gel. The distributor of Akzents does not seem to have a problem with Brisa entering the market place - I would imagine she will welcome the competition and appreciate the publicity that Gel as a product will receive when Brisa launches.

There is so much to a product that makes you choose to use it, and the factors involved are different for every tech. For me, I use Creative Retention+, Fabric#, and IBD gel. They suit my needs, I can get training locally (which is vital to get the best from a product), my clients like it and the companies who distribute give me great back up.

I am always open to change my products, but to be honest I am now seriously put off trying any of nonacrylicgel's products. I need my suppliers to be supporting me, I need to trust them, I need to like them. Nonacrylicgel - the content of your posts make me concerned (as an experienced and successful businesswoman), even if your products were better - I would not buy from you, I do not want to do business with you, you have embarressed yourself and made your company look like a stuck up, desperate & money grabbing operation. You have argued with opinion and not fact - anyone in business knows that is not the way to succeed.

This business is a "nice" business. We all get on, learn together, help each other. You and your arrogance to not fit in this "nice" business.

I know their are rules about flaming on this site, but I have read this thread and could not hold back any more.

Man alive. I guess no one wants to get on with things as was stongly suggested in my previous post.

Sure, I understand that sometimes people are inclined to have the last word, and that people want to ensure their points are laid out crystal clear.
However the fact of the matter is that if I continue to let this go on, there will never be an end to it.

In the spirit of having the last word... I shall have it :green:

This is not a CND site, nor does CND pay for it. I pay for it. Donations help offset the immense personal cost and so does the Premium Geek status... but this is my contribution to the industry regardless of what system or brand you use. All are welcome here as long as their contributions are positive and constructive. I have busted my ass (and the bank) with this site and my patience for abuse of the site wears mighty thin mighty quickly.

Whilst I uphold peoples right to free speech, this has a limit here. Why? Because its not free (it costs me a lot of time and money) and the speech held within the pages of this site are supposed to help nail techncians. This site is not for selling products, bashing companys, bad mouthing others, and least of all for making inflated and outlandish claims. (read the rules).

People who fail to abide by the rules will quickly find themselves on the wrong side of a ban.

I hope everyone feels that they have gotten whatever it was they needed to get off their chest because this thread has outlived its benefit to the members of this site.

PS: 'nonacrylicgels', Your comparison to Einstien has left me in stitches. If you are trying to infer that he wasnt a physicist and mathmatician, than I would double check the history books. ;)

game. set. match. locked. I have had the last word and now we have to get on with our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back