Lame advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I have been mulling this about for the past week as I work so hard to make this a non product related site even though many of you know that I am affiliated with a particular line... but then it came to me like a flash! I won't mention any names! ;)

Whelp... a certain company got wind that CND was gearing up to launch a gel line next month and suddenly my phone started ringing. It looks like either a certain company were combing through the UK yellow pages (or more likely) have spent 10 hours on CND's web site to get a listing of all UK Master Artists for a targeted campaign. The telephone (and faxes) started to come through right away as people were astounded by the grasping attempt to try and lure people away from the idea of a CND gel by offering all sorts.
Me bothered? Not in the least bit actually felt a bit sorry for them after speaking to these guys that have been calling me. Maybe they can drum up a little business before the gel gets launched.

The funniest thing happened last week.
Mrs Geek got a call from a lady from this company asking to speak with Gigi Rouse. Mrs Geek obviously thought this was a bit odd as this sales person clearly thought they were calling a salon instead of the largest international distributor for CND! Turns out she was trying to offer cheap/free conversion to Gigi who A- lives in Spain now and B- Started Designer Nails UK (did I mention the largest international distributor for CND).

Wouldn’t that be like trying to call Vidal Sassoon to see if he would like to exclusively use Fructus?

Anyway... had to share as I keep wetting myself every time I think of the desperation!

A a free conversion for Gigi lmfao..................
She could teach them a thing ot two, not the other way round............I am now on the floor laughing, hard to reach the keyboard though........
They are obviously not very in touch with who's who in the nail world..bless em!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEll I can't wait for the CND Gel launch, might have to get ya to put a kit aside for me, as I will bein the comping area and I know when I get out, it will all be gone as usual...........
So can I officialy reserve my kit please lol...............

Still laughing.....................still laughing............................ still laughing..............
oh boy ................ok thats enough...................

That is soooooooo funny, they obviously haven`t done their homework have they???????
Well why not go on this conversion Gigi? It should be a good crack, lol

Sam,
I agree with the others, this is the funniest thing Ive heard in ages ... and also just a little sad!
CND bringing out a rival new gel ... they're obviously terrified!
I know you cant divulge so now my imagination is going into overdrive regarding the company concerned.

woz yn young nails

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:
Oh crickey, some people must be born with meatballs for brains, I havent laughed so much for ages

The Nail Geek said:
Not unless they have been at it too ;)
This is great news..in 25 years (in my experience) no company has got it right yet(Gel that is)..... It is almost worth jumping on an Easyjet to see if it is at the show?
Love Tricia ;)

Come on down, you are well over due for popping your head in anyway.
Olympia will see the launch of Brisa... And it does rock ;)

The Nail Geek said:
Come on down, you are well over due for popping your head in anyway.
Olympia will see the launch of Brisa... And it does rock ;)

Hiya SAM,
Well with a name like Brisa, It must be a BREEZE to use :rolleyes:

Sam i hope you have got masses of stock for the show!! you know its gonna just fly off the shelf :cool: :cool: !!! i will definatly be after a kit! :green:
as for gigi going on conversion rofl i cant believe any one would be so dumb you sure it wasnt a wind up rofl :lol: :lol: :lol: :green:

Here's another classic for you all! Whilst I was judging one of the salons for the PB Awards, this Gel company had one of their (shall we say reps) call them and the salon owner told them where to go - it was MOST AMUSING!!!!!! The one thing I will say is that this company has made it so OBVIOUS to all how worried they are; their methods are so sad!!!

just noticed that Brisa is advertised in Nails magazine as being "available in March". So do we have to wait until olympia or will next week do?

I mulled about this for about 5 seconds, but then I would....

Wow, can you believe Europe's no. 1 nail company ( any way you care to measure it ) would stoop to such an innovative idea of targeting a company solidly known for L & P who have realised the end is near and are having to convert to a gel, albeit an acrylic one.

That will be the same L & P company whose representatives were proudly telling people that they are launching an acrylic gel which is better than the clear market leader (whose is non-acrylic) at the last GMEX show. Whoops, that's a bit agressive.

Laugh, I laughed all day. I was so proud that we were being imitated, not.

By the way can anyone tell me why acetone is so harmful?

Hey, did you all hear the one about the famous L & P company in Germany who had their product siezed as " a danger to the public."

Anyway the phone call thing goes to show that there can't be much brand awareness for CND largest distributor.

As for "cheap" the average start-up for that company is around £3500.00 but you can by an exclusive franchise for £30,000.00

How's that for a cheerful reply......non-product related of course.....

I wonder whether this will get moderated out..... :) you've got to laugh!

The Nail Geek said:
I have been mulling this about for the past week as I work so hard to make this a non product related site even though many of you know that I am affiliated with a particular line... but then it came to me like a flash! I won't mention any names! ;)

Whelp... a certain company got wind that CND was gearing up to launch a gel line next month and suddenly my phone started ringing. It looks like either a certain company were combing through the UK yellow pages (or more likely) have spent 10 hours on CND's web site to get a listing of all UK Master Artists for a targeted campaign. The telephone (and faxes) started to come through right away as people were astounded by the grasping attempt to try and lure people away from the idea of a CND gel by offering all sorts.
Me bothered? Not in the least bit actually felt a bit sorry for them after speaking to these guys that have been calling me. Maybe they can drum up a little business before the gel gets launched.

The funniest thing happened last week.
Mrs Geek got a call from a lady from this company asking to speak with Gigi Rouse. Mrs Geek obviously thought this was a bit odd as this sales person clearly thought they were calling a salon instead of the largest international distributor for CND! Turns out she was trying to offer cheap/free conversion to Gigi who A- lives in Spain now and B- Started Designer Nails UK (did I mention the largest international distributor for CND).

Wouldn’t that be like trying to call Vidal Sassoon to see if he would like to exclusively use Fructus?

Anyway... had to share as I keep wetting myself every time I think of the desperation!

nonacrylicgel said:
I mulled about this for about 5 seconds

Am I surprised?

Wow, can you believe Europe's no. 1 nail company ( any way you care to measure it )

How do you measure it? I am not sure your ruler counts ;)

stoop to such an innovative idea of targeting a company solidly known for L & P who have realised the end is near and are having to convert to a gel, albeit an acrylic one.

Pmsl

That will be the same L & P company whose representatives were proudly telling people that they are launching an acrylic gel which is better than the clear market leader (whose is non-acrylic) at the last GMEX show. Whoops, that's a bit agressive.

Really chuckling now.

Laugh, I laughed all day. I was so proud that we were being imitated, not.

Imitated? Hehe. That is truly classic.

By the way can anyone tell me why acetone is so harmful?

I’m waiting for the punch line. Edge of my seat stuff here.

Hey, did you all hear the one about the famous L & P company in Germany who had their product siezed as " a danger to the public."

That’s classic coming from you. Did anyone hear about ridiculous fear marketing surrounding BPO that was laughed out of the EU? The unfounded fear marketing that was the only sales tool certain companies had as they were losing market share left right and centre?

Anyway the phone call thing goes to show that there can't be much brand awareness for CND largest distributor.

I’m now back to weeing myself whilst laughing

As for "cheap" the average start-up for that company is around £3500.00 but you can by an exclusive franchise for £30,000.00

Huh?

How's that for a cheerful reply......non-product related of course.....

About as amusing as your telemarketing campaign. And that… is damn amusing.

I wonder whether this will get moderated out..... :) you've got to laugh!

And prevent such an amusing spectacle? Naaa… Not this time :)
I was disappointed it took so long for you to bump this up.

Sam

I'm crying that is the funniest

As for superstar well come on it has to be THE GRAND MASTER HIMSELF ;) ;)

nonacrylicgel said:
a company solidly known for L & P who have realised the end is near and are having to convert to a gel, albeit an acrylic one.
:confused: Don't get your sausage-links in a knot - after all the professional technicians will decide what is best for them - we're not worried - are you:eek: :cool:

crazy'n'creative said:
As for superstar well come on it has to be THE GRAND MASTER HIMSELF ;) ;)

There can be only one!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pmsl

Having just read Nonacrylicgels post :|
I feel that this post was written with a hope to ruffle some tail feathers.
Why do some people feel that this is the way to act, when they are suppose to be a professional.Surely the nail business isnt going to stoop to levels that are often seen in other industries with shady deals and backstabbing.
Surely we are bigger than that?

Well I guess we are all laughing, but we will see who laughs last.

There are some companies in our industry run by (for example) lawyers, but I prefer to work with companies who have a passion for the nail industry and spend a considerable part of their income on research and development of better products for nails, rather than spending their time telling the world that everybody else makes inferior and dangerous products because they are so frightened of REAL competition.

This is just my opinion of course. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back