Laminate flooring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiG

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just signed the contracts for my new premises yesterday. Yay!!!
It's a lovely first floor place with white walls but at the moment has a green carpet...It's clean but I really want to laminate it.

I've been looking on all the websites and I can only see things like £25.00 per pack in Focus...It doesn't say how much is in a pack. Does anyone know??!!
Or does anyone know around how much it works out to per metre? I'm only after a basic beech one.

Thanks!
Sam xx

Sammy, are you talking for your shop or a place to live.

i have a first floor flat with laminate flooring and i have to say, if i had the money i would change to carpet. the reason for this is that the i know the woman downstairs can hear everything (including what goes on in the bedroom!) even tho i had an extra thick underlay to dull the noise.

if it's a place to work, measure your place and phone your local outlet, and they will tell you how many packs you need.

usually the laminate prices start from around £3.99 per sq meter. Thats how much I originally paid for the flooring in the salon as I cpouldn't afford any better at the time...... five years later, the floor was almost as good as new, I took it up and one of my clients has had it for a room in her house.. good value, eh!The prices start around the same now.

Sue x

I got some sort of lino from B&Q that really looks like laminate. So you get the look without the noise.

I have laid floating floors throughout my treatment room.. worked out cheaper to do it myself then Lino/laminate.. and looks exactly like wooden floor boards! So easy to do.. as they have a tongue and groove system.. and if you can cut in a straight line thats all you need to do!

Hi geeks,

Just signed the contracts for my new premises yesterday. Yay!!!
It's a lovely first floor place with white walls but at the moment has a green carpet...It's clean but I really want to laminate it.

I've been looking on all the websites and I can only see things like £25.00 per pack in Focus...It doesn't say how much is in a pack. Does anyone know??!!
Or does anyone know around how much it works out to per metre? I'm only after a basic beech one.

Thanks!
Sam xx
There is usually around 2sq meters in a pack

If its for a salon make sure you get a good quality laminate. I am in the process of getting new fitted and am getting professinal fitters and quick step laminate. My old flooring was just cheap b and q stuff its faded and cracked after 4 years. Dark wood also looks more classy and doesnt show up the dirt as much. Do not get lino as soon as some one walks in with heels it will dint the lino.:green:

Mine doesn't get dints in it when someone comes in with heels on.

Latest posts

Back