Landlords and Covid-19 advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinju

Reaction score
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone is having problems negotiating rent with the landlord during these horrid times ?
My landlord doesn’t have a mortgage and the shop I took over was vacant for 3 years until I took over. He is hard to approach. All I want is one month rent free. Any ideas if the govt’s is doing anything to curb greedy landlords

many thanks
Xx

You should be able to get a grant to cover your rent. I think that's how things should work if I understand correctly.

You should be able to get a grant to cover your rent. I think that's how things should work if I understand correctly.
I think it’s for rent and cash flow. But yeh landlord have no mortgage and he is pretty wealthy too. but greed comes first I suppose

You need to drop the ‘greedy landlord’ slur - you don’t know anyone’s circumstances.
I’m a landlord - and there are always 2 sides to every story!

This is tricky. The grants are being provided for us to keep cash flow going etc and that includes rent because the landlords, whether they have a mortgage on that premises or not, they also have bills and cash flow of their own to keep an eye on. Your rent might be his only source of income? I haven’t received a grant yet and my landlord hasn’t hassled me for rent, but if/when I do receive it, I will pay what I owe because I want my salon to be safe and mine when we can return to work.

I think a lot of people will be in a similar situation.

Latest posts

Back