Landmarks!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really pass any landmarks at all but do on a an almost daily basis pass Burns cottage, which is the bithplace of Rabbie Burns, a famous Scottish poet. There are always lots of tourists there and at the moment there is a guy who dresses like Rabbie Burns that takes tourists on tours of Burns country.

It's funny how you seem to take for granted what is on your own doorstep.

great thread izzi but sorry i dont pass anything particularly interesting!!
except a load of pigeons that i have to dart past before they peck my eyes out lol

We are about a mile away from Highgrove House - home to Prince Charles & Camilla. Gatcombe Park, where Princess Anne lives is 3 miles away.

We haven't had any royals in for a mani yet - they don't know what they're missing! I will have to leaflet drop them!

I don't really pass any landmarks at all but do on a an almost daily basis pass Burns cottage, which is the bithplace of Rabbie Burns, a famous Scottish poet. There are always lots of tourists there and at the moment there is a guy who dresses like Rabbie Burns that takes tourists on tours of Burns country.

It's funny how you seem to take for granted what is on your own doorstep.

Hey Wee sleekit cowrin and timorous beastie!

Up in the morning is no fur me

Oh my luv is like a red red rose

Auld lang syne

Need I go on ....

Well seen my maiden name is Burns xxx:hug:

My land mark until the next few days is the Park and the Swimming Pool across the road from where I live - not quite Burns Cottage.

I've found a video on YouTube of some of the sights in Valencia, also added some pics that we've taken.

Listening to the landmarks you pass was fab, as were the others... unfortunately (or fortunately due to traffic in rush hour lol) I don't pass these landmarks every day but they still take my breath away when I see them, especially up close!

Great thread :D

YouTube - Valencia, the city where I live

Well no real landmarks down here really, The next village to us is the resting place of Dylan Thomas (drunken poet). His writing shed is there + the pub he used to call his local + his old house. mmmmmmmm thats it!! lol

I've found a video on YouTube of some of the sights in Valencia, also added some pics that we've taken.

Listening to the landmarks you pass was fab, as were the others... unfortunately (or fortunately due to traffic in rush hour lol) I don't pass these landmarks every day but they still take my breath away when I see them, especially up close!

Great thread :D

YouTube - Valencia, the city where I live
sandi, i cant actually look at them , as they seem to be wrong , ie, the sky seems too bright, almost blue like, and everyone seems to be almost naked, which is wrong!!
i tried to take the brightness down but it wouldnt work, you obviuosely have posted false pictures, as yours seem to be in the SUNSHINE!!!!!!
i will have to come over there and kill you!!! lol

Hey Wee sleekit cowrin and timorous beastie!

Up in the morning is no fur me

Oh my luv is like a red red rose

Auld lang syne

Need I go on ....

Well seen my maiden name is Burns xxx:hug:

My land mark until the next few days is the Park and the Swimming Pool across the road from where I live - not quite Burns Cottage.

Very impressed Chris :lol::lol:

No real "historic" landmarks in the village but from my front terrace I can see across to Montana Roja (Red Mountain - fortunately the nudist beach is the "other side" from us!!) and from the side terrace we can see Mount Teide (Volcano)...

from the side terrace we can see Mount Teide (Volcano)...
Now there's a view I wouldn't mind waking up to every morning! :green:

Hi Izzi!

Great thread!

My salon is at the historic site "Bryggen in Bergen". Bryggen is on the UNESCO list of world cultural heritage sites. You can have a view here:

Bryggen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My salon is places in one of the houses in the middle. My clients love to sit near the window an have a look at all the tourists.

Only 200 meters to go I have Bergenhus fortress with Rosenkrantztower and Haakonshall, some great old buildings.

Bergenhus Fortress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just behind my salon I have an old chrurch, "Mariachurch"

Mariakirken i Bergen - Wikipedia

Unfortunately the last link is only in Norwegian, but the church is the oldest building in Bergen.

OK, I think that was all from Bergen today!

C.

Latest posts

Back