Landmarks!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As some of you know I travel through to Edinburgh to work. It can be a trek sometimes takes just over an hour...but on a Monday can take up to 3!!

But on a lovely sunny Monday morning I can have a great drive...you just won't believe how many historic sites and landmarks I pass.

First one is Stirling Castle...and in the distance I also see the Wallace Monument (aka Braveheart!!:lol:)
Then my journey through Edinburgh takes me past the magnificent Edinburgh Castle...up through the Royal Mile ...actually on a deserted Sunday morning you can almost imagine what it must have been like in bygone times. On a Monday it is just full of tourists :lol:!!! all anoraks and cameras!!

On the way home I go slightly out of my way just to drive passed the Scottish Parliament building...as I really think it is magnificent....despite the cost!...It just happens to be opposite Holyrood Palace, the Queens residence whilst in Scotland. All under the stunning backdrop of Arthur's Seat.

On my way home I also pass Glasgow Cathedral, and the oldest house in Glasgow.....I could go on but I might get offered a job with visitscotland.com!!!

Anyway as this is such a global site......how many of you see such splendours on a daily basis?

Are their geeks working in the shadow of Sydney Opera House...or the Eiffel Tower?

Let us know.......let's have virtual tour of our historic Landmarks seen through the eyes of geeks!!!

I go past the London Eye, Lambeth Palace and the Houses of Parliament everyday. Don't usually see much though as my nose is normally pressed in to the armpit of a fellow commuter on the bus!:irked:

Well I can't say that I pass anything on a daily basis.

However Izzi, you have just reminded me of one of the most fabulous weekends of my life which was spent in Edinburgh, so thanks for that :hug:

The only thing I pass daily is the pub lol Well it is next door so I have to :)

Well at least you just pass it Lell:wink2:....plenty geeks on here wouldn't...they would go in!!!

Well at least you just pass it Lell:wink2:....plenty geeks on here wouldn't...they would go in!!!

If I went in everytime I would have a beer belly never mind a muffin top :lol:

No landmarks here i,m afriad...

A14, A12 for me... oh and the back of slow moving lorries who try passing each other going up hill and stopping the rest of the traffic:rolleyes:

No landmarks around here but loads of pretty Sussex countryside. It must be wonderful to see so many historic places.:)

It would be me too Sals if I could afford lol

Probably why I'm so skint! Can of Special Brew on a park bench, anyone? :lol:

Isabel you could get a job with visitscotland:eek:

I could not tell you where any of those landmarks are:eek: I rely on tourists to point them ou:)

well I don't pass these on a daily basis as I'm home based.....but on occasion when I have to go to a bigger city to shop I see these.......(But standing in my front yard I can on any givin day look up to see Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, Great Blue Herons,Canadian geese and numerous other birds flying over head ).....but when I'm out and about....

I'm on an Island ...so driving along beautiful West Coast of Canada

VancouverIsland.com - Photo Gallery

I see th Pacific ocean and can see in the distance Washington State....I also pass by a Castle that was built in the late 1800's called Royal Roads Castle......(just a picture of it )

Why Choose RRU?

...which is now a University.....with views of various lakes along the way......when I'm in the actual city of Victoria ... and pass by many old Victorian houses that would take your breath away.....I can also see the beautifully built Parliament Building Photographs of Legislative Precinct | Public Use of Legislative Grounds | Public Education & Outreach | Legislative Assembly of BC

and across the street the Empress Hotel
HORG==> Tour ==> The Empress Hotel

When I just want to go and enjoy a garden I can drive another way and pass many a farmers field ...on my way to see Butchart Gardens.....

The Butchart Gardens | Gardens

I love where I live as I never get tired of the sites and sound this place has got to offer......this is what my town has....

Sooke Photo Album

Wow, Melissa those Butchart Gardens look beautiful....could definitely waste a whole day there!. This is the more cultured sort of answer I was hoping to get !!
I knew some of our global geeks lived in wonderful places!!

:hug: ....Izzi! I do waste alott of time there ....:)
......come visit all geeks!!! LOL...:green:

I have extremely fond memories of thoise gardens when I visited Victoria 19 years ago. My cousin is currently building a holiday cottage there:)

My family live in Lonsdale North Van I think

No real landmarks here, although when I look out from my terrace I see a typical Spanish view ... New apartments being built with 3 large cranes by them, and then in the distance the Montgo Mountain, so called because it looks like an elephant from a side view, it's beautiful when the sun sets behind it.

On my way to work my view is as follows ... I pass the communal pool and say hola to the pervy gardener that gives me the creeps. Then I pass some dugout foundations for a new building. Cross the road, and pass the tapas bar full of pervy old Spanish geezers who eye you up and down. Two doors down and I'm there!

Hmmm, Izzi..can I do a spin-off thread of your topic? I have a few ideas!!! :lol:

No real landmarks here, although when I look out from my terrace I see a typical Spanish view ... New apartments being built with 3 large cranes by them, and then in the distance the Montgo Mountain, so called because it looks like an elephant from a side view, it's beautiful when the sun sets behind it.

On my way to work my view is as follows ... I pass the communal pool and say hola to the pervy gardener that gives me the creeps. Then I pass some dugout foundations for a new building. Cross the road, and pass the tapas bar full of pervy old Spanish geezers who eye you up and down. Two doors down and I'm there!

Not expecting romance with any Spanish men anytime soon then!!!!!

My landmark to work is the M27...:eek::eek::green: LMAO

On a good day it takes me 20 mins to travel 14 miles:)

Id kill for a liesurely stress free travel to work in NO BLOODY RAIN...LMFAO:green:

Latest posts

Back