Large curls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeh

Reaction score
hi
im not a hair geek but would be gratefull if somone could give me some advice concerning my hair, i have a party to go to at the week end an i would like large curls in my hair but every time i try this they just drop out within a hour my hair is quite long half way down my back and its kind of frizzy curly crossed by straight if that makes any sense lol! i have tried curling with straightners large tongs and rollers but they just dont stay can u recommend any products of appliances that would work on my strange hair lol,
jade :)

My hair is past my waist and i curl mine with babyliss conical tongs, they are wider at one end than the other,
i start by tying the most of it up high and leave a section of hair down at the base of my neck,
i take a section of hair to curl and spray it with hairspray before using the tongs,
when this whole section is done i take another section of hair down and repeat the process,
the curls last up to 4 days with these tongs and hairspray, if i use any others it drops in about 30 Min's,
you can get the tongs from sally hair and beauty supplies hth

hi
thanks never sprayed hair spray before curling only after, will give one of my pairs ago doing it your way if it dosnt work wit my tongs then will check out the babyliss you have
thanks for your help

jade x

sorry hair geeks i posted in the wrong section only just relised as i was reading through some threads
soz again!!!

a gold old shampoo and set with large velcro's would do the trick honestly.....
shampoo and sets are not expensive and for a one off...thats what i would do, i love long hair sets and the results are brilliant and really long lasting. rollers in 20-25 mins under the dryer...
if you want to try at home.....wash hair at home part dry with a hair dryer use a good strong mousse and put large or smaller depending on the size of the curl, velcros in your hair... spray with a good setting spray and leave them in for a good few hours.....the tip is to go from wet to dry whilst the change is taking place (the hair wound round the velcro's) so the curl sets

for loose and smooth curls, a good blow dry with varying sizes of round ceramic brushes do the trick. . jus blast the hair to bout 80 percent dry and take sections and wind up the brush and blast till dry and then let it cool slightly before unwinding, or use the cool air setting on ur dryer. . . once the whole head is done, use a dressing lotion or serum to smooth and define and finish wit hairspray. . . old fashioned ways are best. curls that are dried into the hair are longer lasting due to the temporary change of the hairs internal bonds, if u jus curl dryied str8 hair they will drip because these bonds have not been changed like i said above. . . their a bit o knowledge thrown in, haha couldnt be bothered going into great detail but u get the jist. x

Latest posts

Back