Large lighted vanity mirrors-why can't they be found!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Redd

Reaction score
Hi all,

I feel I have been running amuck with trying to find where in the world large vanity mirrors can be found. Where did you find yours and do you love them?

I've done every search I can think of and I have only found a few on eBay (really badly done!). I want a mirror that will have lights that actually benefit the process. Many of the ones I've seen seem to be more decorative and the lighting is poor.

Maybe I'm walking down the wrong path altogether? Maybe others are using large mirrors and free standing lights?

Pretty-please...if you have any experience...share!

Many thanks as always!

Sorry I can't help, but I'm having the same difficulty!

So frustrating isn't it? Sorry for your struggle but glad it's not just me! :)

Sorry I can't help, but I'm having the same difficulty!

You see them everywhere on TV! Where have they gone!!

Same! I wonder if people have theirs made? If so, where would you even start looking? It's one of those things you don't realise are going to be difficult on the road to setting up your room! haha

You see them everywhere on TV! Where have they gone!!

Now you may have an idea there! It really does seem that we are going to need to sort of piece together our dream mirror with lights! I'm heading over to B & Q a bit later and will look for some ideas there too. x

In IKEA they have these http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/60191365/ but you would need 4 (plus your mirror) and I don't know how bright they are and I think you have to buy bulbs separately, so it would work out extremely expensive !!

I don't think you can buy the old fashioned brights ones anymore, health and safety etc. A big mirror and a couple of freestanding lamps might be better?

I think you're right, Pamie. I've had a good look and it seems that not only are they hard to find, they may not really be the best lighting. They are not adjustable, for one. I am imagining a gorgeous large mirror for the table and then two lights. Perhaps the type of lights for desks that have adjustable beams. Better yet, if there might be a way to dim and brighten them accordingly. Still cranking the dusty hamster wheel that is my brain. :) x

I don't think you can buy the old fashioned brights ones anymore, health and safety etc. A big mirror and a couple of freestanding lamps might be better?

I got mine from a salon furniture company called ayala. The U.K. Distributer is in Liverpool called salon lines. They are made to order from Poland. Not sure if it's what you mean but you can have them with led lights
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455387253.912394.jpg

Those are really very gorgeous! How would you describe the lighting? Is it very functional, or is it more as an accent? Would you depend on the lighting for something like makeup application?

Many thanks!

I got mine from a salon furniture company called ayala. The U.K. Distributer is in Liverpool called salon lines. They are made to order from Poland. Not sure if it's what you mean but you can have them with led lightsView attachment 194308

I didn't get them with the led lights, so not sure but I think it's more for an accent then functional. I often drape fairy lights etc around them.

Also try looking at the capital hair and Sally suppliers website as they do some nice furniture

I had lots of trouble finding one of these that i liked and could afford. In the end my partner made one for me. Went to local hardware and spent about $60 plus $60 on the table part and it turned out really well.

Attachments

• 1455486771540.jpg
    1455486771540.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 50
Now that's using your DIY skills! It turned out lovely too!

I had lots of trouble finding one of these that i liked and could afford. In the end my partner made one for me. Went to local hardware and spent about $60 plus $60 on the table part and it turned out really well.

Latest posts

Back