Large Nail Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just done a set of Acrylic Tips & Overlay on my sister. Still new at this game so she's my guineau pig.

She has large thumb nails and I have twice used the Star Nails Ultraform tips which come in 4 extra large sizes. (I use the smallest size of the four).

Well, I hate these tips! The shape of the tip is totally unreal to me and does not look like anything I've seen before.

Can anyone make any suggestions to other makes of larger nail tips please so I can sell these on e-bay!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Yvonne

why not have a go at sculpting??

I have used the Pronails and they are a good shape for larger thumbs - only one problem - they are too big for my tip cutters so I have to do 2 cuts with nail clippers LOL.

Different types of tips are slightly different in size - CND Eclipse 1 is slightly larger than other 1's. Also NSI Elation size 1's are very flexible. It all depends on how much bigger the thumbs are.

If you cannot find tips the shape or size you like, try sculpting as has been said. If you do not feel confident sculpting then find a tip which is the correct shape, split it down the middle and attach correctly to either side of the clients nail, cut and blend then fit a form underneath and do your overlay as usual. The product will fill in the gap and hey presto.

Although I think it may be easier to sculpt LOL

Hope this helps.

Do you think it would be okay to put tips on the fingers then try sculpting just for the thumbs?

This may help me out and eventually get me into sculpting.

It's funny ages ago I looked at the Pronail tips but I found they were quite expensive, so I'll maybe forget about these in the meantime.

Thanks for your help.

Yvonne

Yvonne Webster said:
Do you think it would be okay to put tips on the fingers then try sculpting just for the thumbs?

This may help me out and eventually get me into sculpting.

It's funny ages ago I looked at the Pronail tips but I found they were quite expensive, so I'll maybe forget about these in the meantime.

Thanks for your help.

Yvonne

Hiya Yvonne,
I cant see any problem with sculpting the thumbs :) and maybe with time you will just sculpt the whole set :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back