las vegas nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auntsally

Reaction score
ive just come back from a week in las vegas so i thought i would treat myself to have my nails done there she did pink and white acrlic ive never seen the way she did it done like that before she put a large blob of white on one finger told me to tilt my finger down ward so it ran down the nail then prcided to do the same to the other nail then she went back to the previs nail and then scouped the smile lineout with a tip then so on to the next nail does any body do this the smile lines were perfect and i must say they looked great

The NSS Salons here in Bristol do it like this if they're doing pink and white l/p and not airbrushing the white on. Never tried to do it this way myself though.

she put a large blob of white on one finger told me to tilt my finger down ward so it ran down the nail then prcided to do the same to the other nail then she went back to the previs nail and then scouped the smile lineout with a tip then so on to the next nail
I'm assuming this was L+P she was applying?

Surely if her product ratio was that wet that it could run down the tip/nail it would present an overexposure hazard?

I've never heard of this technique. It doesn't sound very professional although I suppose if the result looked great then who's going to complain?? Good point Izzy made though.

omg lol i was thinking the same as valenciannails it must have been very wet, dont think i would like to try this, there is nothing wrong with the way we are suppose to do it in my opinion, people are always looking for shortcuts and ways to make everything easier. :)

I'm assuming this was L+P she was applying?

Surely if her product ratio was that wet that it could run down the tip/nail it would present an overexposure hazard?

i was thinking the exact same thing sandi, too wet product ratio can lead to allsorts of problems.

i guess as long as her ratio was on, you should be ok.
kind of a different approach tho'!
have you had any problems with them?

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

i cant see how the ratio was ok, if it was l&p and she had to tilt her finger so it ran down the nail :eek: not even a slightly wetter ratio would do this....run down the nail.
you may not see problems now and you probably wont have another set applied like the one you had, so you shouldnt get any problems but those ones who go to that place regularly will no doubt get over exposure problems....if there enhancements are being applied using a very wet ratio mix

i have never seen or heard of this type of technique

but it does sound a bit strange though

but hey if they look good, then at least you are a happy customer

I'm a Vegas native and I've never heard of that ...let alone seen it ......but if you haven't had any problems and they look great .....enjoy them!

no i havent seen this done either ive not had any problems and i think the same she looked like it was to wet it didnt get on my skin its just that the smile lines were perfect because she used a nail tip diped in monimer and scouped the white out to make a perfect curve whitch ive been practiceing like mad to do with a brush and cant seem still to do it my nails are comeing into the secound week and still look great no lifting im home now so i wont be going back but i hear what you say if you were a regula customer you could get over exposer after a while if it ran on your fingers she did put it a blob in the middle off the tip let it run the came back after the secound nail brushed to the couners then scouped

Latest posts

Back