Laser hair removal, Hollywood?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
So recently ive been looking into Laser Hair Removal as I am sick of shaving/waxing/hair removal cream. I always get ingrown hairs and my pubic area is beginning to look like a warzone.
I went to my first consultation today. I want all my pubic hair removed.
In my consultation the therapist said they no longer offer Hollywood for Laser Removal as the hair on the 'lips' always grows back as its such a hormonal area. They only offer brazilian.
Is this normal procedure? Has anyone had their whole area done? What percentage of growth are you getting if any?
I was unaware of this Hollywood/Brazilian situation until today.
Shes also quoted me £375 for a course of six sessions. Is this good? x

Hi, we offer Brazilian/ Hollywood Ipl sessions, with both we cover the lips. You'll find that after 6 session, there will be a 60-70% reduction rate and you should follow it up with another course of 6. We charge £395 for a course.

Hth
July x

I've been getting my Brazilian done since March 2011, and I've never heard anyone mention that the hair on the labia will grow back. My results have been great, I was hoping I'd be done within 6 treatments but I'm coming up to treatment 11. Almost done though!

The prices for this can range dramatically. I've seen up to £500/600 for 6 treatments, but I also see plenty of deals for £100-150ish.

Hi hun. I see you are from London, where abouts?

I can 100% reccomend Laser Active. I have had my 4th session today and i can not rate it highly enough i think its the best thing ever.

Its not IPL its actual Laser. Heres the link for the website (this is the page telling you te diff between lasers and IPL. you will need no more than 6 treatments and full bikini on there pricrlist is £162. Inc VAT. I go to the Hertfordshire clinic so bit cheaper.

http://www.laser-active.co.uk/index.php/our-lasers-mainmenu-54/lasers-v-ipls

This is my 4th session so i will be monitoring my hair free period as it should be a considerable lot longer now as i am over half way. Regrowth is definately reduced.

The London branch is at The Docklands Clinic in Docklands Canary Wharf pleasego on the website as i can not recomed them enough

The lady who opened the clinic is who does the Herts treatment, shes amaze and was the first UK nurse to own it.

They also have a twitter page @DocklandsClinic Xx

Hiya Hun,
Just had a look, sounds really good. Are there only two salons?
As on the about us page they make it look like there are several.
Anyway Im in chingford, East London so will work out how long it will take me and petrol etc.
Have you seen a decent reduction in hair growth? x

Yeh they used to have lots of salons but a few yers ago shes just based at home now. The one in docklands opened about a year ago.

Chingfords not too far about 45 mins youd go chingford to waltham abbey n then straight up the a10. Train wouls be a pain. Or if you went tocanary wharf itd be a bit more money and bit longer on the tube, upto u.

I have seen a big reductuon. Your hair dies and obv grows to fall out ten your normally hair free for 4 weeks at the begining, then each time you get it done it comes back slower. At first you should go every 3 months the first 2/3 times x

I've just had my first session of IPL done yesterday but there are still quite a lot of hair still there. Is this normal? Does it just fall out?

I have had 7 IPL Hollywood treatments and the middle section is proving stubborn for me but I think the is more due to the colour of my hair being to light ,im not sure I will get anymore now ,also had 9 underarm and still have hair :'(

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Hi there
First of all all hair removed by ipl or laser can grow back in my experience ( over 16 years ) I've found a small percentage of clients have a small amount of regrowth which tends to be lighter and finer .ipl works by debilitating the germinative cells in the follicle therefore rendering the hair unable to grow back hence the hair must be at the anagen stage of growth .ndyag laser however works on the germinative cells and the vascular supply to the hair therefore is genuinely much more effective but is a more time consuming treatment as each hair is shot individually rather than an intense pulse of light (ipl) also if the hair is light there is a system I have called applisonix which is a precise method using ultrasound .I would also suggest with ipl you will need 10 - 12 sessions as the hair growth will slow down significantly and six sessions will not give you a complete removal .ndyag however six to eight in my experience will be adequate I always quote clients on the worst or dearest case scenario that way I will always exceed there expectations

I would strongly recommend you find a clinic which has the Soprano XL laser. I have worked with many Lasers and this is by far the best, it is not like other lasers where you point and click each area. The laser is in constant motion (imagine painting the area) because the laser supper heats the follicle and pulses 10 times a second which means its one of the most pain free lasers you are going to get! Its one of the few lasers that can also treat darker skin types :)

The Labia is notoriously difficult to treat (also upper lip), it is possible however you will more than likely require more than the minimum 6 sessions

have a look at these:
Part 1 The Doctors - Soprano XL - Effective Painless Hair Removal - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube
Part2 The Doctors - Soprano XL - Effective Painless Hair Removal - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

Hi the parameters are similar to my epsilon which is a dual platform with ndyag and ipl you can also deselect on the ipl with filters to treat acne or perform photorejuvanation I'm not in the Market for new equipment at the moment I was merely trying to put forward the argument for ndyag laser as apposed to ipl for smaller areas of stubborn hair ie centre brow labia ,upper lip
I still use ipl on larger areas for speed mainly but my price is Lower .I have a separate skin chiller which makes my yag laser treatments almost painless
Ipl is not suitable for Fitzpatrick five and six because of the pigment being a chromophore and surface heat production through the emitence of multispectrem ipl .so I would always use laser on these types anyway

I can't comment on Hollywood but I've been going to Prem Laser - www.londonpremierlaser.co.uk for Brazilian for a few months now and it's been brill :)

So can you get a full Hollywood with IPL but not with Laser? Confused! Maybe I'll ask Premier next time I go.

Hi,

We have the new Soprano XLi and offer the full bikini line. Great results and pain free with the in motion technology!

If you have someone local with the Soprano XLi go for it you will not be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back