Laser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Was thinking of Training in Laser
Me and business partner who's a Nurse Practioner want to offer Laser in our clinic(i colud do basic hair removal etc and the nurse could do all the advanced treatments)

Can any of you advise me on the best company training?
What are the most popular treatments?
What price guides can you give me?
anything you could advise us on at this point would be helpful

Many Thanks
Jennyx

Hi Jenny

There's a lot more to it than you think - not the least registration with the Healthcare Commission (fairly length process too).

Cost wise, it depends on you machine, what treatments you intend to offer etc etc.

It's an excellent service to offer your clients - but initally cost wise its loads of money!

Check out the Healthcare Commission website - there would be loads of info there - particularly any competition in your area, because if they're not registered then :eek: they shouldn't be operating a laser (well certainly the ones that work!!)

Good sources of info would be at the shows - a lot of laser manufacturers will be there too.

Good luck :hug:

I was going to say the same a Yvette - try and get to one of the trade shows and speak to all of the companies there.

Its a massive outlay not to mention monthly maintenance costs which can be pretty hefty so do your market research thoroughly to see if there is a big enough demand for it.
As said registration with HCC is lengthy and time consuming and there is a lot of paperwork/record keeping you as therapist/manager have to do so take into account all the extra time this will take.

It certainly seems a minefield.

The limited exposure i have had with clients who have had it done is not what I expected.

The hair grows back, lots of sessions required and it can be painful.

this is not a personal opinion because I have not experienced it, but that of a few clients I have spoken to.

Tbh it has put me off a bit:cry:

IMO you should consider IPL instead of laser as it's far more advanced, you still have to register with healthcare commission and it's still very expensive to start up but if you're really intrested in that sort of hair removal then go for IPL. Look it up on google, the IPL i've had is called AcuLight.

HTH xx

I had aculight in my salon and did it on a revenue share basis. Excellent results but then the healthcare comission came in and it was an absolute minefield - they didnt really know what they were doing either.

It is popular but machines are advancing all the time - so check out the latest machines - trade shows are the best way - but the beauty mags are just as good.

Pain wise I wouldnt say it was any more painful than waxing tbh.

Theres alot of knowlege to digest but its well worth the investment - however I have noticed the treatment costs seem to be dropping.

Latest posts

Back