Lash and brow training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrettax

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I recently left my full time job to go part time and I would like to train in a few lash/brow treatments. I was wondering if you could all recommend a company to train with, I have looked at flirties, lash fx and nouveau so far but figured I would post here for some more advice as you all regularly use their products and have already done the training. With nouveau there's the normal 1-on-1 lash training or Russian volume.. Could any of you advise which is best to train in?

I would also like to offer lash lifts and brow treatments so if you could recommend any training for those I'd be grateful :)

Thanks

Hi I done my Eyelash course with gateway Workshops. I wouldnt really recommend them as I feel I left the course with something I could of learnt off of YouTube. It was a day course with 5 other people and the brand they promoted I had a lot of problems with which didnt help along with the fact they didnt teach us any technique. However saying that I done a Brow building course with them at the beginning of the year and I felt alot more comfortable with their training, they do courses all over the UK and also offer free refresher courses if you need to go back. I would however recommended Eyelash Emporium for training as alot of people who do mine trained with them and they are amazing at what they do and all have spoken highly of them!

Along with the which Eyelash course to choose, go with individual first off and get the hang of picking up, techniques and perfecting your extensions....its harder than it looks! Once you are comfortable definitely do Russian volume if you would like a bigger money earner. I personally feel you will have more business with individuals as they are more suitable for everyday wear and affordable 1-1 training just means you and a tutor which I believe you will need a model for, you will most likely cover more in the training but wont necessarily mean better x

I agree with ellie_michellex - i'll add i did my training with an independent trainer so i am not affiliated with any 'brand' i think this was easier for me because it was cheaper but i was taught the same techniques etc. It was also good for me to build up a client base as i could offer my treatments at a lower price as my overheads weren't as much and meant i could get all the practice in i need. I will be transitioning into brands soon as i've handed my notice in at work to cut my hours by half to focus on building up my beauty business...but i wouldn't write off non-branded training as a start off.
Good luck xoxo

Hi I done my Eyelash course with gateway Workshops. I wouldnt really recommend them as I feel I left the course with something I could of learnt off of YouTube. It was a day course with 5 other people and the brand they promoted I had a lot of problems with which didnt help along with the fact they didnt teach us any technique. However saying that I done a Brow building course with them at the beginning of the year and I felt alot more comfortable with their training, they do courses all over the UK and also offer free refresher courses if you need to go back. I would however recommended Eyelash Emporium for training as alot of people who do mine trained with them and they are amazing at what they do and all have spoken highly of them!

Along with the which Eyelash course to choose, go with individual first off and get the hang of picking up, techniques and perfecting your extensions....its harder than it looks! Once you are comfortable definitely do Russian volume if you would like a bigger money earner. I personally feel you will have more business with individuals as they are more suitable for everyday wear and affordable 1-1 training just means you and a tutor which I believe you will need a model for, you will most likely cover more in the training but wont necessarily mean better x

Thank you for getting back to me! I looked at gateway workshops after i posted this but something just put me off of them... I'm definitely going to look into eyelash emporium. Thank you!

I agree with ellie_michellex - i'll add i did my training with an independent trainer so i am not affiliated with any 'brand' i think this was easier for me because it was cheaper but i was taught the same techniques etc. It was also good for me to build up a client base as i could offer my treatments at a lower price as my overheads weren't as much and meant i could get all the practice in i need. I will be transitioning into brands soon as i've handed my notice in at work to cut my hours by half to focus on building up my beauty business...but i wouldn't write off non-branded training as a start off.
Good luck xoxo

If I was trained by an individual would I still be able to get insurance and that? Ideally i would like to work from home and go mobile...

I think I'll also be offering heavily discounted treatments as I want to build up the experience and work on the technique.

Thank you for your help x

If I was trained by an individual would I still be able to get insurance and that? Ideally i would like to work from home and go mobile...

I think I'll also be offering heavily discounted treatments as I want to build up the experience and work on the technique.

Thank you for your help x

I was trained at Top Talons if they are any good for you i think they have a location in Milton Keynes but they aren't a affiliated with any brands, they do other courses too like nails, brows, waxing, tans, hair etc. As long as their courses are guild accredited or ABT accredited then you should be fine to get insurance just shop around and check the reviews on the training etc. Just bare in mind that some brands you would need to be trained by to be able to stock and use their products (i think that's the case anyway).
My training wasn't as intense as some are, but i passed in September and i started offering treatments to paying clients by October once i felt i had enough confidence to. I still offer a discounted rate as i'm still wanting to build my clients up but i am starting to get a lot of referrals too so will be opening offers for 'refer a friend' etc. I got a lot of friends and family to be my models while i practiced and to get some photos of my work to advertise.

All i would say about being mobile is it's harder to regulate the humidity and other factors which can affect retention.
I work from home part time because then i know my surroundings are almost constant and my glue setting times etc are going to be the same each time, i don't need to worry about having enough room at a clients house to put up the bed and my stand i put my tools on, there is no disturbances etc either.

Hope this helps and good luck hun xx

I was trained at Top Talons if they are any good for you i think they have a location in Milton Keynes but they aren't a affiliated with any brands, they do other courses too like nails, brows, waxing, tans, hair etc. As long as their courses are guild accredited or ABT accredited then you should be fine to get insurance just shop around and check the reviews on the training etc. Just bare in mind that some brands you would need to be trained by to be able to stock and use their products (i think that's the case anyway).
My training wasn't as intense as some are, but i passed in September and i started offering treatments to paying clients by October once i felt i had enough confidence to. I still offer a discounted rate as i'm still wanting to build my clients up but i am starting to get a lot of referrals too so will be opening offers for 'refer a friend' etc. I got a lot of friends and family to be my models while i practiced and to get some photos of my work to advertise.

All i would say about being mobile is it's harder to regulate the humidity and other factors which can affect retention.
I work from home part time because then i know my surroundings are almost constant and my glue setting times etc are going to be the same each time, i don't need to worry about having enough room at a clients house to put up the bed and my stand i put my tools on, there is no disturbances etc either.

Hope this helps and good luck hun xx

Thank you, this is definitely the kind of stuff I need to hear. I just spoke to the eyelash emporium and they seem quite good, definitely top of my list but I will be looking in to Top Talons too as I like to explore all options.

Thank you so much x

I would recommend Flirties as their trainers are all really good x

Latest posts

Back