SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xotarynjayne

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I’m after some advice on lash cleansing routines when a client comes in.

My training was years ago and I’d like to take a refresher course but want to get some practice in beforehand.

I wasn’t even taught to clean the lashes. The course was awful. So I’ve taught myself about curls etc. I can’t seem to get the good retention and clients come back after 2 weeks with only a few lashes left. I’m thinking it’s the cleansing side. I’ve been using micellar water but see others do it different so I’d like to know what you do.

I cleanse, then prime with flirties lash primer, then apply lashes with flirties glue.

I’ve just invested in a nano mister too as people are suffering with fumes no matter what glue I use.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks x

Hi.

When I prep the lashes I mix a sachet of flirties lash and brow cleanser into a foam pump with mineral water. I place 1 pump on each eye lash line and then with disposable lipgloss wands I stroke down the lashes from the top and from underneath, I then dab dry, I pad the bottom lashes down and then I prime, when priming I use 2 micro brushes and sandwich the lashes so again I get underneath and on top, I leave it to dry for a couple of mins (whilst I’m prepping my jade stone) then begin! If she has extra oily skin I will sometimes prime twice.

I also nano mist at the end of my sets,

Also do you know and understand the recommendations for the environment and your glue? X

What’s nano mist please?

Sounds like you are doing the right thing by cleansing but poor retention could have a lot of other reasons too.
As ashley said the room conditions can have an impact but likewise your clients aftercare (or lack of) can cause problems.
Do you know if your clients use a cleanser at home and do they use an oil free make up remover?
Moisturisers around the eye area can cause problems and likewise oils etc x

Thanks for all the replies.

I understand about the humidity and my glue so I don’t think that’s the problem. I’m going to test out a new cleanser and give a card for aftercare so they can refer back to it as maybe they don’t listen to what I am saying. If it’s on a card they might read it and pay more attention. Fingers crossed it helps! X

Latest posts

Back