Lash Clients - how long do they keep their lash extensions on before removal & new s

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Hi I trained with Lash Perfect & was advised that a lash client needs to have their lashes removed after 12 weeks, then have a weeks break & then they can have them re-applied.
They say that it is only their 'recommendation' however, and the person who trained me said not many of her clients actually have them removed for a week & then re-appled. But as long as I advise my clients that this is recommended, that should be ok.

What do you all do/advise?

I never do a full removal and re-aplication, and some of my clients have had there lashes on a year or more. Did they tell you why thet advise this? i have concerns over too much chemicals around clients eyes anyway, so using another chemical to remove lashes, (if for no good reason iykwim) seems a bit of a redundant step. I do remove odd lashes at infill if a lot of growth, but never full removal.:hug:

I never do a full removal and re-aplication, and some of my clients have had there lashes on a year or more. Did they tell you why thet advise this? i have concerns over too much chemicals around clients eyes anyway, so using another chemical to remove lashes, (if for no good reason iykwim) seems a bit of a redundant step. I do remove odd lashes at infill if a lot of growth, but never full removal.:hug:

Thanks for that.

I have a client in today who has had her lashes on since new years eve - 12 weeks today. I wondered wether to mention to her, but her lashes always look good. I also remove the odd one at top up appointments, if needed.

I beleive they said it's to allow the lashes to 'rest', however, I cannot see how one week could make much difference??

Thanks for that.

I beleive they said it's to allow the lashes to 'rest', however, I cannot see how one week could make much difference??

This is almost like the perception that you should remove nail enhancements after x amount of infills to let them 'breathe', when we all know nails d not need to breathe.

I dont remove after 12 weeks, just the odd few at infill time if needs be.
If your 12 week clients lashes look fine, I would carry on as you are and not bother with a removal and full set.

My thoughts exactly re: the 'rest' thing.

Thanks for your replies so far.

Thanks for that.

I have a client in today who has had her lashes on since new years eve - 12 weeks today. I wondered wether to mention to her, but her lashes always look good. I also remove the odd one at top up appointments, if needed.

i trained lash perfect and the reason i was taught to remove was so that the client could have a good scratch and rub, they didnt say they had to be off for a certain time though
as a lash wearer myself i sort of know what they mean it is nice not to be worrying about the towel getting caught, being able to put cream on without the hassel and also at this hayfever time it was a bloody relief lol x

what rest period did they tell you to leave? x

I actually contacted lash perfect about this some time ago, as to whether clients should take break from lash extensions, they said that it is up to client - if client feels like having a break they should go for it, otherwise there is no damage to the eyelashes to keep doing them as long as they wish. Anyway, I have clients who keep on coming for infills over 1,5 years - I can safely say their eyelashes are the same as first time they came - as they keep regenerating no matter what anyway.

I think they look better to get them off after long periods and a fresh set.

Its good to get them off and let all those premature lashes come through without being suffocated.

x

Its good to get them off and let all those premature lashes come through without being suffocated.

x

Suffocate lashes? Sorry I did not understand what you mean... x

Hello, I trained with Lash Perfect, I think each to their own with how long they keep their lashes on for? I do advise having a short break after 3-4 months and to get a new set because they can start to look tatty, as some clients keep them better than others, so my lash clients are ok with this and they :Love:love getting their new set of lashes on. As we all know they are very addictive :D x

No I don't know how eyelashes can suffocate. Is this the same as skin and nails being able to breathe?

Surely if the eyelashes are inspected for damage and they don't look tatty it should be fine to leave them on. ;)

x

Interesting.

The only thing I could think of regarding suffocating the lashes, would be something like the use of cluster lashes, where the base 'bulb' of the cluster lashes are place on to more than one natural lash. I could understand how that would suffocate any new lashes coming out in between the natural lashes caught together where the bulb was attached
as per the images in here...

http://www.salongeek.com/beauty-tutorials/78818-cluster-lashes.html

I cannot see how lashes can be suffocated by the using individual lashes?

Last edited:

x

I have to say that I dis-agree with this:D
I have clients that have had lashes on long term, and as long as infill appointnments are carried out correctly, (ie removal of loose, messy lashes, maybe 1-2, and gap filling) the clients lashes should look as perfect as when they left the salon on the day they had their full set. When I do an infill appmt, I would say that the first 15-20 mins or so are spent combing, removing, seperating etc, generaly tidying and prepping the lashes before I even think about applying new. The clients infill lashes should always be as good as the first set. I think you can also tell at infill how healthy the lashes are as if you lift up the lashes lashed, you can see all those lovely new little lashes growing through nicely. I think my clients would lynch me if I enforced a full removal!:lol::lol:

I have to say that I dis-agree with this:D
I have clients that have had lashes on long term, and as long as infill appointnments are carried out correctly, (ie removal of loose, messy lashes, maybe 1-2, and gap filling) the clients lashes should look as perfect as when they left the salon on the day they had their full set. When I do an infill appmt, I would say that the first 15-20 mins or so are spent combing, removing, seperating etc, generaly tidying and prepping the lashes before I even think about applying new. The clients infill lashes should always be as good as the first set. I think you can also tell at infill how healthy the lashes are as if you lift up the lashes lashed, you can see all those lovely new little lashes growing through nicely. I think my clients would lynch me if I enforced a full removal!:lol::lol:

This is exactly the same method that i carry out on all infills.

When i refer to eyelashes i do not been 'breathe', what i mean is, i have many clients that have very glamourous look lashes, super thick 12mm. With the lashes being a complete full set they are very very thick, some premature lashes have to fight their way through the thickness. This is all i mean by suffocation. Lots of weight in the way of the normal lash growth.

It have many clients who wear their lashes for long periods of time. It is just my preference to advice the recommended duration of wear based on manufacturers instruction.

Last edited:
This is exactly the same method that i carry out on all infills.

When i refer to eyelashes i do not been 'breathe', what i mean is, i have many clients that have very glamourous look lashes, super thick 12mm. With the lashes being a complete full set they are very very thick, some premature lashes have to fight their way through the thickness. This is all i mean by suffocation. Lots of weight in the way of the normal lash growth.

It have many clients who wear their lashes for long periods of time. It is just my preference to advice the recommended duration of wear based on manufacturers instruction.

I understand what you mean now, thanks for sharing that, it's worth bearing in mind for those wanting the thicker lashes xxx

Latest posts

Back