Lash complaint help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Not sure if this is in the right section but it is a compaint I have received today and I am rubbish at dealing with complaints so was wondering if you could help. The lady in question who has complained is a customer who has regularly let me down in the past cancelling at last minute mainly due to lack of funds. I promised myself I wouldnt book her in again but more fool me I let her have a cancellation slot so here's what happened.

I did her a full set of semi permanent individual lashes last week (8 days ago). I have done at least 30 customers since then with no complaints. She text me today to say that her left eye was awful and that they were all over the place and could I sort them out. I explained that I am booked up solidly until after Xmas and asked if she could send me a picture so I could see what had happened. I explained that it couldve been due to her lashes shedding as the glue must have been fine as nobody else had noticed any problems and that if the glue had gone off then both eyes would be bad.

She then text me tonight with a picture of her lashes and they looked like she had a couple of gaps near the middle and inner corner of her eye. I text back that it looked like some had come out and asked if that was the side her fringe was on as some customers with sweeping fringes had noticed in the past that the eye it covered sometimes didnt last as long as the other eye and I asked her when she noticed the problem. She text back that her fringe was not long enough to pose a problem and that she noticed the problem the day after she had them done. My reply was as follows:

Oh dear, you really should have contacted me as soon as you felt they weren't right. Im fully booked over the next two weeks so am unable to come out to you, ordinarily I would've come out and straightened them up for you as soon as the problem was noticed, what do you suggest going forward?

I got the following reply:

Don't worry about it!!!

Part of me feels really bad but then part of me thinks she was just after a free top up closer to Xmas. I have always been really lenient with her in the past not charging her cancellation fees etc and don't actually want her back as a customer but her sister is a local HD brow tech so i don't want bad press, what do you all suggest?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the waffle xx

The fact that she didnt contact you straight away and her reply to your text was 'not to worry', they obviously were not that bad.

Personally I would say she has been fiddling and suddenly realised they look sparse and so contacted you.

Dont worry hun, you tried to help and she probably knew that this close to Xmas you would be booked up anyway.

x

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of making a refund/redo statement, does anyone have any ideas what length of time i should specify that they must contact me in before I won't take any responsibility. I normally do infills at 2 - 3 weeks if that helps?

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of making a refund/redo statement, does anyone have any ideas what length of time i should specify that they must contact me in before I won't take any responsibility. I normally do infills at 2 - 3 weeks if that helps?

I wouldnt do one of these. It could suggest to clients that you expect to be giving them a refund at some point.

I would treat each case as an individual thing when it comes to refunds.

Latest posts

Back