Lash extension case studies - no response from trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naomiiamy

Reaction score
Hi

I went to a day's training on June 10th for classic eyelash extensions. I went away knowing I had to do 4-6 case studies, and that they were to be sent to her training page on Facebook via Messenger. She's an accredited trainer listed on the Beauty Guild website, which is why I chose her. I sent photos of my first case study, and didn't hear back from her for nearly 2 weeks. I've then sent in photos each time I've done a case study, and had no response, other than the automatic response businesses put (we aim to be as responsive as possible etc). The last photos I sent the automatic reply had changed and said to message her new page, which I have also now done. I called the salon yesterday and asked for her, but she wasn't in.

I'm now unsure what action to take, I've now done 11 case studies, so more than she asked for, and have sent these all in as requested. I can't go into the salon to talk to her as her hours are the same as my working hours (the only reason I could do the training was because she offered it on a Sunday). I had a little Facebook stalk of one of her friends who was on the course, and she was passed within 3 weeks of doing the course! I spent £360 on the course, and don't want to lose this by having to do a new course! Any suggestions of what I can do? Part of me is worried if I go too formal or threaten to take action against her she will just decide to fail me, so I'll still be out of pocket!

Oh, and I also commented on a public post on her page, nothing rude just that I've sent a message and not heard back, and it was deleted instantly!!

Was it a company you trained with or was it an individual trainer?

It was an individual trainer who runs a salon - it was both her name and her salon listed on the beauty guild website and she had great training reviews!

Oh that is a shame :(
Hopefully your trainer will reply and help but that is why it is safer to train with a company as you have more back up if a single trainer leaves :(
Let us know how you get on xx

Oh that is a shame :(
Hopefully your trainer will reply and help but that is why it is safer to train with a company as you have more back up if a single trainer leaves :(
Let us know how you get on xx

I would contact the beauty guild and explain, they accredit and insure their trainers and I’m sure they could help you with further action x

I would contact the beauty guild and explain, they accredit and insure their trainers and I’m sure they could help you with further action x
Thank you, I've just sent them an email - I've expressed concern to them that if I push her she will just fail me so I'll see what they say :)

Hi

I went to a day's training on June 10th for classic eyelash extensions. I went away knowing I had to do 4-6 case studies, and that they were to be sent to her training page on Facebook via Messenger. She's an accredited trainer listed on the Beauty Guild website, which is why I chose her. I sent photos of my first case study, and didn't hear back from her for nearly 2 weeks. I've then sent in photos each time I've done a case study, and had no response, other than the automatic response businesses put (we aim to be as responsive as possible etc). The last photos I sent the automatic reply had changed and said to message her new page, which I have also now done. I called the salon yesterday and asked for her, but she wasn't in.

I'm now unsure what action to take, I've now done 11 case studies, so more than she asked for, and have sent these all in as requested. I can't go into the salon to talk to her as her hours are the same as my working hours (the only reason I could do the training was because she offered it on a Sunday). I had a little Facebook stalk of one of her friends who was on the course, and she was passed within 3 weeks of doing the course! I spent £360 on the course, and don't want to lose this by having to do a new course! Any suggestions of what I can do? Part of me is worried if I go too formal or threaten to take action against her she will just decide to fail me, so I'll still be out of pocket!

I am having a similar issue, although not as extreme as yours - 11 case studies is a lot!
I trained with a really well known company and have been told the trainers work freelance and they will reply when they can. I found that before training began, communication was great and very fast. Following training it slowed down and this week has been unresponsive. I fear that if I push too hard I will also fail. It's tricky.
I hope you get a response and certification soon, fingers crossed for you!

I obviously cant pass comment on the training or communication with your trainer but most companies ask for case studies and it is a really good way of learning and improving your skill with constructive criticism.
i know you might feel as if you doing endless case studies but it is actually quite common for students to even do 20 case studies and many continue sending their sets into the trainer for feedback even after they are qualified
Try and see it as a learning experience with guidance and not as a test. It might seem a bit of a pain now but once you are qualified you will appreciate all the help during this time and also the experience you gained with your trainer supporting you as you want to make sure you are fully competent and confident once you take on your first paying clients.
(Again I am not passing comment on any company or training just my feedback on case studies and how many it sometimes takes!)

I finally have my certificate....I had to get the beauty guild involved. I was more than happy to do the extra case studies, the problem was that I has no feedback or even response on any of them. 3 days after I complained to the beauty guild I got a response saying she was now happy to pass me. I feel confident with my work, and I've spoken to the lady who does my lashes who has been such a great help!! But my trainer gave no support or feedback. What frustrated me is her friend who did the course in the same day not only passed it but also did the Russian volume course and passed that, both within 6 weeks - despite her telling everyone else who enquired on the page you need to do at least 6 months of classics before training in Russians!!

Ah well, it's done now, there's nothing I would have done differently as i researched her thoroughly and read many reviews, checked she was registered to teach with the beauty guild and she was the only course I could possible get to.

I obviously cant pass comment on the training or communication with your trainer but most companies ask for case studies and it is a really good way of learning and improving your skill with constructive criticism.
i know you might feel as if you doing endless case studies but it is actually quite common for students to even do 20 case studies and many continue sending their sets into the trainer for feedback even after they are qualified
Try and see it as a learning experience with guidance and not as a test. It might seem a bit of a pain now but once you are qualified you will appreciate all the help during this time and also the experience you gained with your trainer supporting you as you want to make sure you are fully competent and confident once you take on your first paying clients.
(Again I am not passing comment on any company or training just my feedback on case studies and how many it sometimes takes!)

Completely agree with you - except I had no support or feedback. Each case study I sent in was ignored. I was desperate for some kind of feedback to know how I was doing each time but received nothing. I'd have happily done 20 case studies if the trainer was responding to them!

Completely agree with you - except I had no support or feedback. Each case study I sent in was ignored. I was desperate for some kind of feedback to know how I was doing each time but received nothing. I'd have happily done 20 case studies if the trainer was responding to them!
Aw that is such a shame as it is so exciting when you book a course and start a new venture and you need the support not only in the training but also afterwards :( Hopefully you will get on ok x

Latest posts

Back