Lash extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkj

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I don’t know if i’m posting in the right forum but i need some help.
I’ve just qualified in classics but the lashes keep coming off while i’m doing the treatment does anybody know why this is?
Also i’ve just started the russians course but i can’t even get started as my lashes don’t stay together at the root at all like not even once have they stuck together😩
it’s an online course and the company arent getting back to me about my problems xx

Hey girl, if all your lash prep was good, cleansed etc, it could be a case of your glue drying too quick? Or your humidity could be high also causing your glue to dry quicker🤷🏼‍♀️ xx

What company are you training with? It seems a bit unprofessional that they aren't responding to you! I think you should book a different course which is in a classroom rather than online, I trained with The Beauty Academy, and I found that they were super friendly and helpful.

Hey girl, if all your lash prep was good, cleansed etc, it could be a case of your glue drying too quick? Or your humidity could be high also causing your glue to dry quicker🤷🏼‍♀️ xx

I do think the glue dries too fast for me so it must be that! thank you❤️

What company are you training with? It seems a bit unprofessional that they aren't responding to you! I think you should book a different course which is in a classroom rather than online, I trained with The Beauty Academy, and I found that they were super friendly and helpful.

It’s my own fault really it’s just one i found on instagram and it was super cheap, i thought i would pick it up no problems so just wanted the qualification but do need more help so i will look into them thank you Xx

I do think the glue dries too fast for me so it must be that! thank you❤

No problemo❤️ If you try a glue with 2-3 sec dry time that should do the trick, it's perfect for when your starting out.

No problemo❤ If you try a glue with 2-3 sec dry time that should do the trick, it's perfect for when your starting out.

Perfect i will try that, any brand recommendations? Xx

To be honest I haven't tried that many brands to give you decent advice sorry... My 2.3 sec glue was my trainers.. But.. There is a page on fb that is so good for recommendations, it's called 'lash addicts support group uk professionals'
It's full of really good advice girl❤️

Ahh thank you your a star❤️

I actually spoke about this kind if subject on another thread, only a few days ago. I'd really advise against online courses. I feel they are reeling people in, especially just now and taking folks hard earned money without 'delivering the goods'. It's awful that they aren't responding to you, but in the bigger picture, theses courses have to be taught in person, in my opinion. If you are shown how to do something, then your teacher/instructor watches you working on your models, and he/she will be able to correct you and offer hints and tips as they watch and assess. This isn't possible if you've learned online. You are dealing with real people (real eyes in ur case) and can cause real harm if not trained and assessed adequately. If you're having problems with basic adhesion, then really you should never have qualified......please don't take this negatively.....I only mean they should have assessed you are realised you needed to tweak this, and needed a wee bit extra help, as u've paid them for it!). If you are qualified, you should feel u can fairly confidently practice on ur family, etc and do a good job. It's terrible that they have taken ur money and left u feeling unsure. I'd ask for a refund and try to book in to a 'hands on' course and I'm sure you'd feel much more confident when completed. In the meantime, it's good to ask when unsure and even better to take advantage of the advice. Stick at it, get some proper training and you're gonna do great!👍♥️

I actually spoke about this kind if subject on another thread, only a few days ago. I'd really advise against online courses. I feel they are reeling people in, especially just now and taking folks hard earned money without 'delivering the goods'. It's awful that they aren't responding to you, but in the bigger picture, theses courses have to be taught in person, in my opinion. If you are shown how to do something, then your teacher/instructor watches you working on your models, and he/she will be able to correct you and offer hints and tips as they watch and assess. This isn't possible if you've learned online. You are dealing with real people (real eyes in ur case) and can cause real harm if not trained and assessed adequately. If you're having problems with basic adhesion, then really you should never have qualified......please don't take this negatively.....I only mean they should have assessed you are realised you needed to tweak this, and needed a wee bit extra help, as u've paid them for it!). If you are qualified, you should feel u can fairly confidently practice on ur family, etc and do a good job. It's terrible that they have taken ur money and left u feeling unsure. I'd ask for a refund and try to book in to a 'hands on' course and I'm sure you'd feel much more confident when completed. In the meantime, it's good to ask when unsure and even better to take advantage of the advice. Stick at it, get some proper training and you're gonna do great!👍
Yes your right because i do weekend lashes and lash lifts i thought it would be easy haha so thought online would do but i am going to do a proper course. thanx for your advice❤️

Hi guys,
I don’t know if i’m posting in the right forum but i need some help.
I’ve just qualified in classics but the lashes keep coming off while i’m doing the treatment does anybody know why this is?
Also i’ve just started the russians course but i can’t even get started as my lashes don’t stay together at the root at all like not even once have they stuck together😩
it’s an online course and the company arent getting back to me about my problems xx

This is stressful... it’s a difficult enough skill to master. I offer workshops/refreshers. Let me know if I can help x

I actually spoke about this kind if subject on another thread, only a few days ago. I'd really advise against online courses. I feel they are reeling people in, especially just now and taking folks hard earned money without 'delivering the goods'. It's awful that they aren't responding to you, but in the bigger picture, theses courses have to be taught in person, in my opinion. If you are shown how to do something, then your teacher/instructor watches you working on your models, and he/she will be able to correct you and offer hints and tips as they watch and assess. This isn't possible if you've learned online. You are dealing with real people (real eyes in ur case) and can cause real harm if not trained and assessed adequately. If you're having problems with basic adhesion, then really you should never have qualified......please don't take this negatively.....I only mean they should have assessed you are realised you needed to tweak this, and needed a wee bit extra help, as u've paid them for it!). If you are qualified, you should feel u can fairly confidently practice on ur family, etc and do a good job. It's terrible that they have taken ur money and left u feeling unsure. I'd ask for a refund and try to book in to a 'hands on' course and I'm sure you'd feel much more confident when completed. In the meantime, it's good to ask when unsure and even better to take advantage of the advice. Stick at it, get some proper training and you're gonna do great!👍♥️

On the flip side - there are Online Trainers that out everything they have onto creating the most professional and informative courses together....

This is a debate I’ve seen a lot and as an Accredited Trainer, we have had to work hard to maintain our businesses by stepping up to the online Method because of COVID etc..

I spent 5 weeks unpaid writing Online manuals, I’ve spent thousands obtaining licences and have had my work checked and assessed by Insurers.

I absolutely love my job and I value every person that asks me to train them.

My students return to me, and I stay with them long after they have qualified so I can help if they need me.

Right now - it’s 4am, and I am awake helping international students.

You may well he right about done online courses, but not all of us are in that way inclined x

Latest posts

Back