Lash extension nightmare

• Thread starter Cheshire Nail Beauty
  • Start date
SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cheshire Nail Beauty

Hi all,

Please help! I've had a bit of a nightmare of a lash extension treatment today with a client. I am trained in marvel lash and have recently changed my products to lash base. I today had a client for a full set of individual semi permanent lashes. I tested her with the lash base glue yesterday at 5pm and her treatment was at 2pm today. (I accept it wasn't 24 hours but I have also tested her with marvel lash and no reaction). She had no reaction to either and she has signed a client consultation form. I work from home by the way and only trained in lashes in May. Anyway, she had the most amount of lashes I have EVER seen. So therefore it was taking forever. Also, she has recently got married and had them permed. I'd normally take 2 hours to do a set of lashes, however today took me 3 hours and I'm still not finished! She's coming back Wednesday! Her left eye kept watering making it very difficult to place the lashes. I took off the pads and changed to just micro pore tape which helped for a while. Then her eye kept watering loads again. She had already been here hours and needed to leave and have booked her back in Wednesday so I can finish them off. They look nice but obviously I'm not 100% happy. She didn't seem genuinely happy with them either and I know it's not good at all that she's left and not happy and not got a complete set. I think I'll
Need half an hour Wednesday to finish up. Anyway, 2-3 of the lashes Are permed at a right angle meaning that when I have placed the lash they are sticking up backwards toward the lid too much. The client paid me before she left. I have a feeling she mango home and then complain, although I did ask her to be honest when she was here and she just said she will come back in 2 days (that's the soonest she can do). My question for you ladies is:
1. What do you do with clients that eyes water sooo much?
2. What do you do with lashes that are sticking up backwards too much due to a perm? (I didn't do the perm).
3. If she complains or wants her money back, what should I do seeing it took me 3 hours and a lot of product?

I gave her the option to remove as I said I'm worried her eye waters so much but she didn't want me to do that. She may well come back wanting removal and money back!! I'll be reluctant to refund and also if her eyes water with application, imagine what the will be like with removal! Please help!! Xxx

Hi Hun! I've only recently trained as well and the same thing happened to me last week! One of My clients eyes wouldn't stop watering and it was making it impossible to do ! We called it a day after a while and she came back 2 days later and it was completely different, no watery eyes and a very happy client at the end of it.. So I put it down to one of those things! I know this doesn't answer some of your questions , but just thought I'd let you know your not the only one [emoji4]I'm sure she will come back and it will all be ok! Xx

I don't do lashes I'm from nails but my eyes water when having semi perm lashes I found the glue doesn't burn but ever so slightly makes me feel like I have something in my eye also I should add I have never had a skin test done on me and the lady was a beauty therapist through college with many years salon experience maybe drop her a text or call see if everything is ok so if there are problems you are aware now not when of if she returns and apologise for not expecting the treatment to run over if she had to go then that's not your doing because if she was free you could of carried on to finish but I would defo call to check she's ok people tend to be braver to voice concerns on the phone than face to face x

I don't do lashes I'm from nails but my eyes water when having semi perm lashes I found the glue doesn't burn but ever so slightly makes me feel like I have something in my eye also I should add I have never had a skin test done on me and the lady was a beauty therapist through college with many years salon experience maybe drop her a text or call see if everything is ok so if there are problems you are aware now not when of if she returns and apologise for not expecting the treatment to run over if she had to go then that's not your doing because if she was free you could of carried on to finish but I would defo call to check she's ok people tend to be braver to voice concerns on the phone than face to face x

Thanks ladies. I spoke to my other halfs sister who is amazing at lashes in Sweden and she gave me some tips. She said to use a cotton bud to absorb any water at the corner of the eye and said the watering shouldn't affect the glue. Also to explain to clients that it should take 2 hours but in some cases can take 3 if there is a high number of lashes. As for the awkward extremely permed lashes, leave them.
I have text the client who is fine and says the watering stopped as soon as she left and she thinks they look lovely they just need the last few filling and I need to tweek them (I'd said that I need to spend some time making sure they are all separated). I literally didn't have time to even make sure she walked out with them in place. Anyway had an appointment move tomorrow afternoon so she can come tomorrow afternoon now which is a relief (she couldn't do morning), just want to get this set sorted and make sure she is happy with them! Honestly, sometimes I'm ready to give in with the lashes haha. Xxx

atleast you no she ok and happy to put your mind at ease but it's good to worry shows you have high standards of care to the client and your work x

Glad it's all sorted [emoji4] ..I know what you mean, I feel the same with lashes ! One minute I'm on a high and really pleased with a set , the next I'm wondering if it's for me haha ! Xx

Watering CAN affect the way the adhesive sets giving it a weaker bond so the lashes don't last as long

Hi all,

Please help! I've had a bit of a nightmare of a lash extension treatment today with a client. I am trained in marvel lash and have recently changed my products to lash base. I today had a client for a full set of individual semi permanent lashes. I tested her with the lash base glue yesterday at 5pm and her treatment was at 2pm today. (I accept it wasn't 24 hours but I have also tested her with marvel lash and no reaction). She had no reaction to either and she has signed a client consultation form. I work from home by the way and only trained in lashes in May. Anyway, she had the most amount of lashes I have EVER seen. So therefore it was taking forever. Also, she has recently got married and had them permed. I'd normally take 2 hours to do a set of lashes, however today took me 3 hours and I'm still not finished! She's coming back Wednesday! Her left eye kept watering making it very difficult to place the lashes. I took off the pads and changed to just micro pore tape which helped for a while. Then her eye kept watering loads again. She had already been here hours and needed to leave and have booked her back in Wednesday so I can finish them off. They look nice but obviously I'm not 100% happy. She didn't seem genuinely happy with them either and I know it's not good at all that she's left and not happy and not got a complete set. I think I'll
Need half an hour Wednesday to finish up. Anyway, 2-3 of the lashes Are permed at a right angle meaning that when I have placed the lash they are sticking up backwards toward the lid too much. The client paid me before she left. I have a feeling she mango home and then complain, although I did ask her to be honest when she was here and she just said she will come back in 2 days (that's the soonest she can do). My question for you ladies is:
1. What do you do with clients that eyes water sooo much?
2. What do you do with lashes that are sticking up backwards too much due to a perm? (I didn't do the perm).
3. If she complains or wants her money back, what should I do seeing it took me 3 hours and a lot of product?

I gave her the option to remove as I said I'm worried her eye waters so much but she didn't want me to do that. She may well come back wanting removal and money back!! I'll be reluctant to refund and also if her eyes water with application, imagine what the will be like with removal! Please help!! Xxx

Hello! I trained with marvel lash too a few years ago and found they didn't really cover much!
But what I tend to do is have both a strong fast setting adhesive and a sensitive glue.

A trainer recently told that if the fumes get too strong for a client a little tip is too place wet cotton pads below the eye (just past your micro tape) as this will absorb most of the fumes from the glue.

With lashes that stick up too much I just place eyelashes directly on top in the way you would do express as it is sometimes impossible to get every lash as you would with your semi permanent set.

I would only offer a refund or a replacement set if many of the lashes have come away within a week of having them done. I'd try a sensitive glue, failing that i'd maybe explain to the client that they're not for everyone.

Happy lashing X

Latest posts

Back