Lash extension separation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieTraverse

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just done the classic lash training course but im finding it very challenging. I'm especially struggling with the separation, has anyone got any advice/tips on how to get it right?! I also seem to look at all other lash technicians and their lashes always look so good and all look immaculate but mine don't seem to at the min, i feel like maybe i'm not doing it right. I know that a lot of it is just practice practice practice.

TIA for any advice :)

Hi Katie, other techs probly look good because they have been qualified a while, not recently like yourself, separation is the toughest but also the most important, if you are using a straight tweezers to isolate try with a slightly curved tweezers this will give you a different angle which you may find easier, if you are still practising on models try get ladies in with straight lashes and practice on them for a while, xx

Okay thank you xx

Okay thank you xx
We would always advise 2 curved tweezers as this tends to make hand position a little less stressed.

Also get a mannequin head and practice in betweeen live models, you can never get enough practice at this stage. I’d recommend all students to practice 3 -4 times a week in the beginning stages. No good leaving it weeks as the skill takes longer to embed and a lot can be forgotten x

Don't be too hard on yourself, it does take a long time to get the hang of it so it will take patience and practice (lots of it).
The pictures you see online are technicians and lash artists who have been doing it for years and if you look at some of the posts where they compare their work from when they started to where they are now you can see the difference. Everyone starts somewhere!
Also be careful not to be blinded by all the beautiful pictures of full and dramatic sets as they might be volume so you cant compare that to the classic lashes you are learning at the moment.
You will find that it will all click into place one day and it will become easier over time. The main thing is to enjoy what you are doing and not to feel pressured by it! x

Latest posts

Back