Lash extension timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmacca

Reaction score
Hi there

I trained in lash extensions a year ago now but don’t do this as my full time job, and due to my current job I haven’t really been pushing for clients so have only a very few. I probably only do lashing every other week when I do my infills, so I can still take nearly 2 hours to do a refill but a full set I take 2.5 hours, my family keep saying I need to speed up but I don’t want to compromise on rushing isolation, any suggestions or thoughts?
May I add once they are done they do look lovely and obviously the clients I have are returning

Hi, I have been lashing for a couple of years now and sometimes still take 2 hours for a full set. I like to take my time to ensure proper isolation and to make sure the lash is in its correct position. I found changing my glue to a faster drying glue helped speed up the process. I will say though, if you are doing a good job then surely it’s better to take your time rather than rush and risk losing clients x

That’s helpful to know thank you for responding xx

When I needed to work faster without cutting quality, I had a good look at how I set up my work area and made sure everything was ready for the treatment in advance. If you can shave a few seconds off each lash, over the course of a treatment it adds up. I also got a humidifier for my (very dry) treatment room and got faster grab on the glue with longer lasting extensions. Changing my isolation tweezers for a very good quality set also helped a lot.

Yes I do have everything ready at the start but I find it takes me about 15 mins cleaning and priming all the eye area, I tell clients no makeup and they say have none on but I can see under the lights still residue of makeup so I clean throughly to get a good retention, how long would you ladies take prepping? Oh and what’s a good set of isolation tweezers??

Latest posts

Back