Lash Extension Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Skin Day

Reaction score
Hi guys, some feedback wanted if you don't mind....

For those who have attended Lash Extension training courses; what could have made the course better? Is there any additions/changes that would have improved the course for you and educated you better?

For those looking to train in Lash Extensions; from the research you've done, what do you like/dislike most about what each individual company/course offers? What would encourage you to train with a certain company, and what would discourage you?

this should be an interesting thread as there seem to be loads of companies offering lash extensions now!

xx

Thanks Jen :green:

I'm interested because I've been inundated with requests to provide a lash extension course at our salon.

I'm in the process of negotiating insurance and certification with BABTAC, so whilst I'm waiting for all that to get sorted, I'd love to know people's views and opinions on the lash extension training process as it stands at the min and any improvements they think could be made.

Hi there, I trained with I-Lash earlier this year, after much research and (uncharacteristic) patience. The reasons that I decided to go with them is;
The kit that they provide is both comprehensive and professional
They did not rush into using "any old adhesive" and sourced a fantastic, quick drying, no odour adhesive. I found this quite reassuring.
The trainer came to me at my treatment room, so I did not have the agro of travelling, and so was calm and relaxed from the start.
They did not just give me a DVD and a manual!!!
The customer service and knowledge were exceptional, and believe me I spoke to every eyelash ext co in the land I'm sure!
There was no pushiness.
I liked the fact that after my full days training I did not automatically receive a certificate, I had to then produce case studies and send these off to be assessed. Again, I found this reassuring.

The training was fantastic, and I felt confident to continue with my case studies on my own.
I really am happy with the company that I chose to train with. hth

Thanks cabinkel!:green:

How many different companies offer eyelash training??

Hi Amy

Im looking into offering this in my home salon at the moment, and have researched a few different companies, what would sway me to one in perticular is :

Offering training in my salon as I cant travel
Cost of start up/quality of products - dont want it dirt cheap, but i feel some are over priced for what return i would get in my area
:wink2:

CadenceAlex said:
How many different companies offer eyelash training??

Quite a few now!

I-Lash as already mentioned, Nouveau Contour, and Jinnylash are the three main companies who offer training and their own-brand products/equipment.

I'm going to be offering independent training...i.e - I won't be associated with one particular brand of products.

Have you ever thought about lash extensions CA?

AmydeMan said:
Quite a few now!

I-Lash as already mentioned, Nouveau Contour, and Jinnylash are the three main companies who offer training and their own-brand products/equipment.

I'm going to be offering independent training...i.e - I won't be associated with one particular brand of products.

which brand of products will you use in your training amy ?

AmydeMan said:
Quite a few now!

I haev had a few people come into the salon to ask about various beauty treatments as there is 4 hairdressers on my row of shops, loads are keen to get everything done all at the same time, which is understandable. I always presumed though a beauty therapist would be needed but I am definitely considering offering these different treatments as the market is there for them and I have the space in the salon... but I would like to know which lash training is more popular

nailaholic said:
Hi Amy

Im looking into offering this in my home salon at the moment, and have researched a few different companies, what would sway me to one in perticular is :

Offering training in my salon as I cant travel
Cost of start up/quality of products - dont want it dirt cheap, but i feel some are over priced for what return i would get in my area
:wink2:

Thanks darling!

I'm going to provide kits from Lash Beauty as they're cracking quality (dreamgurl agrees!...although she's not on here too often recently) and you get a lot for your money.

As for someone to travel to you for training, that's certainly an idea I like! Definitely something I'll look into for the future.

I'm guessing Sunny Donny is Doncaster? I know a few experienced lash techs dotted about the country, so if any are willing to train in that area, I'll pass their details onto you.

Is it really that popular?? being mobile I haven't had requests for it. How much can you charge for a set of lash extensions??

I answered a few questions at once there without realising it....

I will definitely use Lash Beauty products for the training, so we're all working from the same hymn sheet (if you get my meaning).

I would say Nouveau are the most popular company to train with at the min, CA.

To be honest, a lot of the lash extension products are exactly the same, just rebranded for each company!

AmydeMan said:
I answered a few questions at once there without realising it....

I will definitely use Lash Beauty products for the training, so we're all working from the same hymn sheet (if you get my meaning).

I would say Nouveau are the most popular company to train with at the min, CA.

To be honest, a lot of the lash extension products are exactly the same, just rebranded for each company!

is there somewhere we can see the products ?

tinkywinky said:
Is it really that popular?? being mobile I haven't had requests for it. How much can you charge for a set of lash extensions??

Last year, when it was still an 'exclusive' treatment, we were advised to charge 95 GBP for a Natural Set (25-30 lashes per eye) and 125 GBP for a Designer Set (35-50 lashes per eye). I couldn't justify charging my clients this much though, and I became quick at the process (when you first start out it takes ages to do a set!) after a few sets, so I charge 70 GBP for Natural and 95 GBP for Designer.

*Sorry - my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign!*

I am busy, have at least 5 new clients a week, and a lot of regular clients returning for maintenance every week or two weeks.

angelfingers, you can see Lash Beauty products at www.lashbeauty.com

AmydeMan said:
Thanks darling!

I'm going to provide kits from Lash Beauty as they're cracking quality (dreamgurl agrees!...although she's not on here too often recently) and you get a lot for your money.

As for someone to travel to you for training, that's certainly an idea I like! Definitely something I'll look into for the future.

I'm guessing Sunny Donny is Doncaster? I know a few experienced lash techs dotted about the country, so if any are willing to train in that area, I'll pass their details onto you.

Yea, im in Doncaster, id appreciate if you could let me know of anyone round here who would offer training, thanks.:Love:

Hi Amy,

As you know, I've just had my training (I won't give the name, incase it's wrong to do so)

Everything was very clearly explained and shown.
It was held in a central location most people could easily get to, which is quite important.
Even though there was a written exam (done at home), at the end of the day, we had an oral assessment as well, to make sure we clearly understood everything, and did'nt just give answers out of the manual.
One very important thing to me was that we were'nt given a mannequin to practice at home, before the day. Most companies do this and the technicians quite easily pick up bad habits, which are then hard to get rid of in a day's course.
The only criticism I would have is the price, it's normally over £760, but luckily, as I booked it at Excel, I saved over £200.

I can't think of anything else at the mo, but if I do I'll let you know. HTH

AmydeMan said:
Thanks darling!

Hi Amy! Yes, I have not had much time online since I got back from my 4 week hols. I've been super busy catching up on doing lashes. Im fully booked for the next 9 weeks. I now have to turn away new clients :(

Glad to hear you have chosen LashBeauty. You won't be disappointed! I have been using their stuff and they are top-notch! So is the customer service and support. They have 2 kinds of glue right now, I like the new ProGlue Plus, it dries quickly and is great to work with. I also just ordered the new wine colored lashes and they're fab! my clients love them. Best of luck with your training!

AmydeMan said:
Quite a few now!

I think it's great that you are not going to be affiliated with any particular company. This way people do not feel they are obligated to use a certain brand. Although I am sure that when they try LashBeauty, they won't want to use any other brand!!!!

dreamgurl said:
I think it's great that you are not going to be affiliated with any particular company. This way people do not feel they are obligated to use a certain brand. Although I am sure that when they try LashBeauty, they won't want to use any other brand!!!!

Thanks dreamgurl! That's the main reason why I want to offer independent training, although I think my students will have trouble sourcing products off companies like Nouveau without paying for a 'conversion course'. But, as I've already said, quite a few lash extension products are the same just re-branded for all the different companies! Lash Beauty Pro Glue seems to stand out from the crowd a bit though!:green:

Latest posts

Back