Lash extensions advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char22

Reaction score
Recently qualified lash tech, this was one of my first paying clients. Did a full set of lash extensions on her , messaged me the day after saying she loved them however today ( 2 weeks later) has asked me if i can remove them because her eyes are red and irritated. I don’t understand what could’ve happened? surely if it was an issue with the glue she would’ve felt it straight away not two weeks later. My country is in lockdown so i can’t remove the lashes - really not sure what to suggest to her at all apart from to visit a pharmacy and feel stressed about it . Please help xx

First of all, do not feel stressed, if t is happening 2 weeks after the fact then it is very unlikely that it is the glue because like you said, she would have experienced irritation sooner and/or when you have done your patch test. depended on who you trained with, and what glue you used, I suggest you wither post her the removal solution that she can pay for and she can remove them herself. There could be a number of reasons that her eyes are irritating her and at this time of the year, hayfever could be one of them. I know this post is late as you put this up ages ago, but just wanted to give you my feedback should this ever happen again. Hope it helps. x

It is still very possible that it could be a reaction to the adhesive.
Lash adhesive allergies are cumulative, meaning they build up over time. This is why alot of people and brands say patch testing is outdated because it doesn't give a clear indication of whether a reaction will occur or not.

Don't panic though! Does your insurance require you to patch test? if so, did you patch test and have the lady sign a form to say she agrees to a patch test?

I personally think sending out the removal solution is a bad idea. I don't think your insurance would cover you to do so because it's a product intended for professional use. But under the circumstances you could contact them and see what they suggest?
I think the best thing to do is advise her to seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
Without going against the rules and booking her in for a removal you could suggest trying to soften the adhesive at home using oil (baby oil or olive oil would maybe work) OR, some drugstore brands like Eylure actually sell a remover for there cluster lashes, not sure HOW effective this would be but it could be worth a try for her?

Just to play devil's advocate here, it could be possible that staying inside and staring at screens all day/an accummulation of dust in the home has irritated her eyes as well

Latest posts

Back