Lash extensions and mascara to tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
Has anyone advised clients to use mascara to tip the lashes ( even when just had lashes applied)
I had a client and the lashes were fine from the side angle , but looking front on because of the taper at the edge of the j curl - she wanted them to be more mascara like and thick to the tip too .
What would any fellow lashers advise:hug:

If enough lashes are applied the client shouldn't really need mascara. If they feel the lashes don't look full enough then applying more lashes would generally give them the look they want.

If client really wants to use mascara then buy a suitable mascara from your lash provider or advise them to use a WATER BASED mascara to tips only. They also have to be advised to only use water when removing mascara as any usual eye make up remover will weaken the bond.

I really think that if client has enough lash extensions applied, they won't need mascara.

Do all that you can to avoid her using mascara. It causes nasty black lumps in amongst the lashes when you come to do top ups. The main problem is she can't clean if off fully. Another thought could be to sell her some black sealant. I ask all my clients to purchase sealant as it prolongs the fitting wonderfully and keeps the lashes looking great. I used to use clear but have recently changed to black. It also hides any little gaps that may have developed by the time of top up as it blackens their own lashes and makes everything glossy looking. Can be used every day.
Am a fan as you can imagine. Lol. I buy mine from Eyelash Emporium at Pinetree Studios.

Linda

I always advise clients NEVER to wear mascara - specific or water-based, as previously stated with the correct amount of extensions it is not required and only causes an ugly mess when cleaning as well as shortening the lifespan of the extensions.

HTH

Francesca

Trainer and Master Technician in Individual Eyelash Extensions
LASH by Francesca

Latest posts

Back