Lash extensions and swelling with only one eyelid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wontonie

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience with swelling of one eyelid after getting eyelash extensions?

I was getting my fills regularly and on the last visit with this technician, I experienced a tiny painful pinch (on my left eyelid) when she was removing some old extensions. I've had it happen before but without any following events. Approximately, 2-3 hours later, the area that was pinched earlier and the surrounding lashline area became itchy, red, and swollen. By the next morning, there was small light yellow, clear discharge (wet with crystallized pieces) along the affected lashline. I applied some antibiotic ointment with hydrocortisone cream along the lashline. It improved over the next two days but was still present with continued application of the ointment and cream. When I went to see the technician, she said it looked okay and just replaced some lashes (on both eyes). When I went home, the swelling, redness, and itching returned with a vengeance. I finally had them removed and all resolved over the course of one week. Again, the only affected eyelid was my left. My right was totally fine.

I took a two month break and went to a completely different salon. Everything felt fine but about 4 hours later, there was the swelling.. on the left eyelid again. It was definitely milder than the first time but I also went in for my first fill in two months. I aggressively applied hydrocortisone cream (including into the base of the lashes) and the swelling has resolved. I see the swelling come back mildly when I wash my face but once i apply the hydrocortsone cream, it goes away within 30 minutes. As with the first time, my right eye is totally fine.

Any thoughts as to what is going on with my left eyelid???

Thanks in advance for any shared input/insight!

Sounds like your body could have developed a sensitivity to the products used.
Allergic reactions sometimes start off fairly mild as the body tries to deal with the situation but then can become much more serious very quickly so you need to take great care and consider if continuing with the extensions is worth the risk.

Latest posts

Back