Lash Extensions. Can they hurt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zingara

Reaction score
I'm not lash extension trained (although thinking seriously about it) and therefore, it's not a service I offer, but I have a couple of clients who come to me, for other nails and waxing but go elsewhere for their lash extensions.

To be honest, to my untrained eye, they look untidy (not what I would want), but, being untrained, I would never pass comment, however today I was told by one of them that it "stings like bugg*ry" getting them put on and her eyes are red and itchy for day after....however, she and the other girl (who I believe has the same) are told this is normal.

Is it? I can't believe a treatment should be? Am I missing a big trick here and should I be doing it? Is it bad product, bad application or possibly even allergy?

Goodness.....this is new ground for me! Makes me feel all newbie-ish asking this as a questions. (Note to self: really must do training soon....when I've sorted everything else!!)

Thanks!

I'm not lash extension trained (although thinking seriously about it) and therefore, it's not a service I offer, but I have a couple of clients who come to me, for other nails and waxing but go elsewhere for their lash extensions.

To be honest, to my untrained eye, they look untidy (not what I would want), but, being untrained, I would never pass comment, however today I was told by one of them that it "stings like bugg*ry" getting them put on and her eyes are red and itchy for day after....however, she and the other girl (who I believe has the same) are told this is normal.

Is it? I can't believe a treatment should be? Am I missing a big trick here and should I be doing it? Is it bad product, bad application or possibly even allergy?

Goodness.....this is new ground for me! Makes me feel all newbie-ish asking this as a questions. (Note to self: really must do training soon....when I've sorted everything else!!)

Thanks!
Firstly hun lashes only look untidy if they are not looked after correctly and unbrushed same as nails and un-solar-oiled .and as for them stinging that is inmy opinion a bad lash extentionist getting product into the clients eye and a skin test is required atleast 24 hrs prior to application.. pm me if you want anymore info or if not too far into northwales why not come and have some non-stinging lashes applied and see for yourself how they are correctly applied..
jo xx;)

Thank you.....I'm sadly a loooooong old way into North Wales (Pwllheli), or I'd be up like shot!

But thank you for the info. The lashes were only 2 days since first 'infill'....if thats what its called? And when I say they were untidy, they were pointing in all different directions and quite simply looked as though they literally were abnormally all different lengths next to one another. Sort of like a badly layered haircut! I know the make, but don't like to point fingers here as sometimes it's not product at fault.

You never know...I do head over your way occasionally, so I may pop in!

Hello as a newbie myself I can safely say that having eyelash extensions did not hurt me in the slightest, they stung for a tiny bit but i think that was because the therapist dropped a speck of glue on my eyelid. Ive only had them in 4 days but I know I will never be without them now. Ive become so obsessed that I have booked to do my training course im so excited, so you should go for it!!

Ive seen a couple of girls with them in and they looked messy and gloopy but the therapist that done mine did a great job and they look so natural its unbelievable. Like most things i think it is down to the therapist and the application maybe the type of glue? Im not an expert but some give off fumes that I imagine could irritate eyes, but it certainly shouldnt hurt.

x

lashes shouldnt be stinging and hurting. I would be seriously worried if any of my clients came back and said they were! ( i patch test all my clients).

lashes can look untidy if not looked after. they must be brushed every day and taken proper care of.

it is a great treatment though and well worth considering!

tigi
xxxxx

If glue is getting into the clients eye it is purely down to the therapist nothing at all to do with the product! A skin test of all the products used near the eye is a must not! just for the glue, i patch test primer, sealent and glue just incase any happens to touch the eyelid plus i retail sealent to clients and after getting it in my own eye on applying it to myself i`m glad i was tested prior! as that does sting !! oops:o

The stinging and irritation could be a fast setting glue with high fumes. I have had my lashes done most of the time I have glam lash glue but last time I had them done another therapist used a different glue and it was stining and my eyes were bloodshot irritated and red for a day after.

When you do a set of lashes you will have different sizes due to the size of your natural lashes. I would say though that it sounds like they are not brushing them into place for them to look untidy, which is easliy fixed with a brow/mascara brush.

Hope this helps.

Cath
x

Also this tratment takes a lot of time and effort to master. It is not a quick fix treatment to add to your menu.

xx

No client should have any discomfort with the application of semi permanent eyelash extensions. A patch test should always be carried out at least 24 hours prior to the procedure, to ensure no allergic reaction. The application of semi permanent eyelash extensions is a very relaxing treatment giving the client a chance to chill out & relax.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back