Lash extensions - designs (lash mapping)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavinaRev

Reaction score
Morning :) I have trained in lash extensions with Lash Perfect. I am comfortable with isolating and placing etc. My question is, altho in training you are taught to isolate and place but you are not really given advice on how to work out what lash designs to do on clients. When you are starting out do you stick to a specific design for a while using certain size lashes etc? I have seen on google abt lash mapping. Feeling a bit apprehensive to get going ;) any advice would be much appreciated :) x

Morning :) I have trained in lash extensions with Lash Perfect. I am comfortable with isolating and placing etc. My question is, altho in training you are taught to isolate and place but you are not really given advice on how to work out what lash designs to do on clients. When you are starting out do you stick to a specific design for a while using certain size lashes etc? I have seen on google abt lash mapping. Feeling a bit apprehensive to get going ;) any advice would be much appreciated :) x

Hey,

You will learn more about lash mapping/styling and eye shapes on a volume course or advanced course.

I would practise as much and you can so confident in lashing.

Thank u for your reply KGsalon. Getting some practice in but i just get concerned about having a style to use. I hear all these style names such as cat eye, natural sweep, classic set etc.. but don't know what these styles entail or what lash thickness, lengths etc you have to use. Wish there was a basic style you could start out with and then go from there lol

If you just want to stick with a couple of styles to start with start with natural and cats. Then look into advance courses.

Natural - go by the natural shape of there lashes. Only up by 1-2mm in length of there natural lashes.

Cats - start with short lashes and going longer towards the ends. Lenghts wise start with what there natural is to get the thickness and then get longer.

I can't say what lengths to use as every client is different but I would say keep them short! Only go 2mm longer than there natural if you can. This way will look thicker and not sparse.

Thickness of lash only use 0.15 to start with in classic lashing. And get lenghts 8-14.

Hi,
I trained with Lash Perfect as well and found their course didn't cover loads. They've been great since and I've spent hours on the phone to their trainers so it may help to call them. I mentioned lash mapping which they're going to bring in now. If you look at Lash Extensions in Kent (Frankish Widdows) on YouTube you'll find loads of into. I now mark out the sizes on the pads after I fit them which helps with consistency. I hope this helps xx

Hi,
I trained with Lash Perfect as well and found their course didn't cover loads. They've been great since and I've spent hours on the phone to their trainers so it may help to call them. I mentioned lash mapping which they're going to bring in now. If you look at Lash Extensions in Kent (Frankish Widdows) on YouTube you'll find loads of into. I now mark out the sizes on the pads after I fit them which helps with consistency. I hope this helps xx
I was watching her videos earlier on. When she applied the longest to the second to last section, she ONLY puts the one length there. Is this how it's supposed to be? As I was taught to put shorter ones Inbetween? I'm so confused!

I'm following this post as I have the same issue. I'm comfortable applying the lashes but the course didn't cover the various methods you can use , Thanks in advance xx

Hello

Customizing the lash to your clients eye shape is a seller. I had to learn through experimenting but agree with you that we should be taught in our training. So here it goes

To open up the eye you will start with shortest lashes on the ends and your longest lash in the middle from which you will go back to your shortest lash on the inside of the lash. I sometimes use up to 6 different lengths. Multiple lengths tend to create a more natural shape, that said you can also use just 3 different lengths. It's up to you, you need to play around.
And oh that wonderful cats eye look works for almost everyone, or does it? I sometime feel if I start at the very first lash on the outside of the eye, depending on certain eye shapes it can give the eye a droopy look. For clients that want the winged effect and have this problem, leave out the first 10 lashes and start further in. Obvs here we use the longest on the end and as we work in the lashes get shorter. Again you can use 6 different lengths or 2.

You can also go according to your clients natural eyelash shape. Some will be longer and some shorter and even sometimes they are all the same length. Following their natural lash style is also a win, but it's safe, give your clients something to talk about.

I'd say experiment with your lashes 9/10 times when I experiment im happy with the results. There are different thicknesses, different lengths, different curls for a reason and you should experiment with them all. Don't stick to 1 thickness, curl or length. You will get bored of eyelash extensions.

Listen to what your clients want too. If they ask for natural and their own lash length is 10mm do not go over 11mm, that never looks natural. Stick to their length or no more than 1mm longer than theirs. If they want them dramatic then "it's a lash party up in here"

I could sit here all night but experimenting is what you need to do. Go get a mixed tray of different lengths and curls and have fun!

Latest posts

Back