Lash extensions not bonding as applying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri Evans

Teri1986
Reaction score
Hii everyone...
I have just had a problem with a clients lashes. They are in a lovely condition, look really strong and i used lashbase primer after cleaning the lashes with a makeup remover (as i usually do). And using the same glue as always.
Yet the extensions would not bond/stick to the lash. They kept coming off.
Anyone know of any reason for this as never happened to me before??

Thankyou in advance x

Hi,
There could be some reasons for this.
1. The glue could stop working if warm, or old, or opened so many times that it could have been over exposed to oxygen. 2. The atmosphere's humidity could be too high for the adhesive to work adequately. 3. The environment could be too hot for the eyelash adhesive. 4. Eyelashes wig too much oils resting without being cleaned of adequately, but you seemed to have covered this already.

I hope this helps. Best wishes,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Thankyou! I have the same humidity, workplace etc i had done individuals earlier on same day with no problems. The client told me afterwards she had just come from hair salon after having a keratin treatment on her hair....could this be the case?? Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had this same problem, they stuck at first but then refused to bond, both my Eyelash Emporium Platinum Glue and Marvelash Sensitive. I think the reason was the room cooled down too much and perhaps changed the curing time. The lashes would just drop off and land on the micropore tape but stick to those, which threw me as I knew the glue was sticking because of that so my brain could not get round why the glue would not play ball, but I have since thought that it is because the tape has warmed up being on my friends face so the glue would set there but not on her lashes. I tried everything, re-cleaning them, priming them again, brushing them, drying them, it's only now she has left with half an eye done at 20 past midnight that I looked online and found a little bit of information that makes me think the room was too cold. My friend was fine temperature wise as I had an electric blanket on the massage bed but I was cold. The temperature thing didn't occur to me at all.

Hair treatments can always have an impact so try and use the primer and also a cleanser to try and get the lashes squeaky clean.
Check your adhesive, every brand has got slightly different recommendations but if your relative humidity (combination of temperature and humidity) is too low the adhesive wont set at all and likewise, if its too high it might mean that the adhesive could set before you can apply the extension. If you havent got one, definitely get a hygrometer as its impossible to "feel" if the room conditions are right so a hygrometer will give you more accurate readings and then you can take the necessary action to combat any fluctuations.

Also check the shelf life and make sure you shake the adhesive before use and store in a jar of rice or bag with moisture absorbent granules or beads to make sure that you can get the optimum shelf life x

Latest posts

Back