Lash extensions reaction help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has any advice, over a year ago my client had a reaction after her lashes and we put it down to just having her baby/hormones changing etc

Now I patch tested her at the end of last week, and she came in yesterday to get a full set done saying everything was completely fine

Today she’s sent me pictures and her eyes are horrific!

I’m trying to find time to get them off for her before her holiday but does anyone have any advice for her for future appointments/glue etc?

I had a similar reaction to extensions after wearing them successfully for 5 months. Unfortunately, once you are allergic, you always will be. My advice would be to stop wearing them. This should be yours too.

Was wondering if anyone has any advice, over a year ago my client had a reaction after her lashes and we put it down to just having her baby/hormones changing etc

Now I patch tested her at the end of last week, and she came in yesterday to get a full set done saying everything was completely fine

Today she’s sent me pictures and her eyes are horrific!

I’m trying to find time to get them off for her before her holiday but does anyone have any advice for her for future appointments/glue etc?

Hi Megan

Once you have built a sensitivity to a product the more you are exposed to the product the far greater the reaction can become.

Unfortunately a patch test doesn’t always mean there will be no reaction, you can be patch tested show no signs but have a full set and due to further exposure react. So long as you ace patch tested you are protected through insurance.

You can also lash for many years and hen all of a sudden become sensitive.

We would always advise students, if somebody has a reaction you refer them to a medical practitioner and then with the authority of them, remove the lashes. Never lash them again as one bad set will eliminate all your good work, due to its horrific appearance.

Cyanoacrylate is the main compound within the adhesive and it’s in all semi permanent eyelash extension adhesives. So once they have reacted it would not be advised to tray any others, as they are all much of a much ness.

I hope she is ok and this helps a little x

Latest posts

Back