Lash extensions training help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey!

I’m after a few bits of advice regarding training in lash extensions. I’ve never had them myself so I have no idea where to begin!

The questions I have are
-what technique to train in? I’ve seen a fair few different ways and not sure what makes them differe, such as express, classic and volume? I am not sure what is the most popular when it comes to what the clients are after.
-where to train? I’m a level 2 therapist and training level 3 and already offer lash lift and other eye treatments so I know fair amount of A&P, would a 1 day course be enough?

Any advice would be so helpful!
Rosie

Hi Rosie

So classic are 1 lash pet natural lash
Express is a quicker set applied that are not isolated as well as a classic set and these must be removed after 2 weeks and a new set can be reapplied
Volume is 2-6 extensions per natural lash. These look much fuller

You can do either a beginners semi permanent lashes course or some places now do a straight to volume course. Volume techniques are harder and I do think it’s good to practice the skills learnt from a classic course first before going on to volume, that said straight to volume can be done but you will need to have a lot of patience. Both require patience and take allot of practice to get good. There are loads of really good trainers, I would find a trainer you like their work, check their qualifications and how long they have been lashing themselves and also their experience as an educator. Personally I don’t offer express lashes, they do have a place but most clients don’t return for a removal of these and my salon promotes healthy lashes.

Hi Rosie

So classic are 1 lash pet natural lash
Express is a quicker set applied that are not isolated as well as a classic set and these must be removed after 2 weeks and a new set can be reapplied
Volume is 2-6 extensions per natural lash. These look much fuller

You can do either a beginners semi permanent lashes course or some places now do a straight to volume course. Volume techniques are harder and I do think it’s good to practice the skills learnt from a classic course first before going on to volume, that said straight to volume can be done but you will need to have a lot of patience. Both require patience and take allot of practice to get good. There are loads of really good trainers, I would find a trainer you like their work, check their qualifications and how long they have been lashing themselves and also their experience as an educator. Personally I don’t offer express lashes, they do have a place but most clients don’t return for a removal of these and my salon promotes healthy lashes.

Thank you so much!! That’s helped a lot! Is there a particular brand or training school you would recommend to research or is it best to look further in to independent educators local to me for this kind of treatment?

Look at Independant trainers closer to you, where abouts are you based? X

Look at Independant trainers closer to you, where abouts are you based? X
I’m based in the midlands close to Coventry, I think I’d need to travel as my search is brining up many locally x

Latest posts

Back