Lash extensions, why are lashes falling out one side and not the other?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyelash_Stylist

Reaction score
I just dont get it!! I am not doing ANYTHING different and I have a couple of clients, some more than others wanting me to come back, some expecting a free of charge as their lashes are coming out more on one side to the others!?!?!? after a week???

One lady says her lashes are fine on the left but coming out more on the right than the left, so I will ask her tomorrow if its the lash or their lash attached to the lash? sometimes they dont know so I cant tell, I might ask her to keep hold of any that fall out so I can have a look at them to see if their lashes are falling out with the lash or not?

I also think some people dont even know they play with their eyes, some customers play with them when they are on the table as soon as they lay down, they pull them and I tell them not to do that (telling off - LOL)

Does anyone else have this problem as my clients are saying they sleep on their back, so it isnt the way they sleep. and thy say they never touch them???

Im so annoyed about it!!! DOH!

Thanks Guys

Clare:cry:

More than likely it is something they are doing which is making them fall out.
They probably do lie on that side but if they told you that then it would be their fault. But they try make out as if its nothing to do with them in the hope you say its your fault and redo them for free! Iv had this before where they insist they didnt touch them etc when u know fine well your application is fine and they wont come off unless not looked after properly.

Hi
I agree with Karen, the likely cause will be down to something your client is doing if they are aware of it or not! When I give my aftercare speech to new clients I aways add at the end "that these lashes do not fall out of there own accord and for no reason, if you follow this aftercare advice to the letter you will not have any problems" I try to look quite serious (which is hard for me) when I say this and it has served me well. In all my years of lashing I have only had 1 Chancer who continues to try it on to this day! My guess would be that yes they might go to sleep on their back but they favour one side when they are sleeping, especially as it is just one side one corner! Does anyone stay sleeping in the same position all night?
Hope you get to the bottom of it!

I just dont get it!! I am not doing ANYTHING different and I have a couple of clients, some more than others wanting me to come back, some expecting a free of charge as their lashes are coming out more on one side to the others!?!?!? after a week???

One lady says her lashes are fine on the left but coming out more on the right than the left, so I will ask her tomorrow if its the lash or their lash attached to the lash? sometimes they dont know so I cant tell, I might ask her to keep hold of any that fall out so I can have a look at them to see if their lashes are falling out with the lash or not?

I also think some people dont even know they play with their eyes, some customers play with them when they are on the table as soon as they lay down, they pull them and I tell them not to do that (telling off - LOL)

Does anyone else have this problem as my clients are saying they sleep on their back, so it isnt the way they sleep. and thy say they never touch them???

Im so annoyed about it!!! DOH!

Thanks Guys

Clare:cry:

Hi Clare, what glue do you use? I personally havent had this problem with my clients however, when I have my lashes done, my tech was using a no odour sensitive glue and literally the next day my lashes were falling out, without the natural lash, I had a graveyard of lashes on my bedside table, I just thought it was me as I do rub my eyes in the night. I decided to take my glue (flirties extra strength) with me after a couple of weeks (I was having weekly infills) and the change has been dramatic, I have virtually none coming out.

Maybe look at your glue, also my first thought would be that they are laying on that side when they go to bed and they are rubbing on the pillow, however if they all say the lay on the backs!!!!!!!!!!.

Check to make sure they are using oil free face products too, also that they are following all your aftercare rules, somebody else might come up with some more advice hopefully, let us know how you get on. xx :hug:

Hi, I have found this happens to me quite alot so i rang the company to see if it was the glue i am using. I found it happens to some clients more than others and i was told that it could be a number of reasons, like everyone has said about sleeping on one side or playing with them without realising but i was told it could just be that the natural lashes are shedding slightly quicker than the other side. Dont give anything away for free if you know that you are doing your job properly

becca x x x x

Hi,

When i trained to carry out eye lash extensions i was told that lashes coming out on one side is very common and in nomally the side the client sleeps on, a couple of my clients have experienced this problem and it was the side they sleep on. Louise x

You can sometimes tell by looking at the natural lashes which side someone sleeps on. Usually they are pretty crumpled on that side. Even take a note if you see this and see what the returns are like - do they come back with greater lash loss on this side? This isn't the case for everyone, but might help you to figure things out.
Sleeping and rubbing or picking are usually the main reason for lashes continuing to come away in the same area - even if they aren't aware of it xxx

Hi, i agree with the others that it could well be the client and the side they sleep on, however every body is different and the lashes on the left and right eye are also different.

Added to that that you would be working at a different angle when applying lashes to left and right eye it could also be a bit of that. Maybe have a really close eye when you are applying the extesions that you get the same good bond on both eyes just to make sure its not maybe the hand you are using or the angle at which you apply the extensions? :hug:

yes I feel that i get a lot easier application on the clients right eye, as I apply lashes with my right hand and the clients nose however tiny kind of gets in the way, so if this was the case what advise would you give for easier application if you work the same way as myself....apart from removing the clients nose....which I don't think would bring you repeat bookings he he xx

I used to find it difficult to do the inner left eye because of the nose :) I just change the angle I pick the lash up at so the tweezers are more upright (if that makes sense) so the nose isn't a problem xxx

The problem with thinking the client is doing something wrong is very often it's not true and it prevents you from finding out the real solution. it is obvious to me that if several clients are coming back with the same problem and to the same eye and they sleep on their backs ...then you have to look at the fact that you have to work at a different angle on each eye. As has already been said.
I would also check out a better adhesive. In the early days when mine were coming out in a week or 10 days it was odour free adhesive that had about as much sticking power as honey! Lol.
Secondly make sure your angle on the right eye gets the base of the lash properly positioned. That's the likely reason for excessive and early loss. Ask your clients if the lash is coming adrift at the base first.
You are right to ask them to save some lashes for you to check because if they are bringing out the natural lash you have to know and act quickly to change that.
When I had the same kind of problems it turned out to be several issues of mine that needed changing. Not just one. Now my lashes are gorgeous, neat, perfectly aligned and STAY IN! But it took a lot of work on my part to make changes.
Be a detective and check and double check everything you do.
Good luck. It is a dodgy business lashing. Lol. Will turn your hair gray before you know it.

Linda

Hey guys
Thanks for your posts, I use the odour powerlash, its not odour free but is the best glue I have ever used. I have asked the customers to keep the lashes that come out and check if it has their lash on them. If they do i have told them sometimes one eye sheds quicker than the other. There is no set "right eye" issue neither, some are lefts and some rights so I think its down to them, their lash cycle and if they pick/play with their lashes. Some customers put mascara on and strip lash glue and ruin them, which I tell them on their in fills. I do lay down the law about not using any oil based substances on them (glycerin etc.) and will just see how it goes. Thanks for all your replies. xxx

Does the client get watery eyes when she is lashed? I have a client who always waters in one eye only! I have to periodicly wipe the eye for her. If the client waters on one side, the lashes could lose on that side. (as shouldnt get wet for 24 hrs) Be worth finding out if she starts losing within 48 hours or so. this is a sign that they got wet

Just a thought xxx

i had the same problem when i first started doing lashes with one client. then i found out it was the side she lay on all the time so as she was sleeping on that side she would wake up in the morning and rub that eye more than the other., i always tell my clients if they have to lie on their side then make sure that the pillow is only on the side of their face so their lashes/nose etc is like hanging off the pillow.

xx

The problem with thinking the client is doing something wrong is very often it's not true and it prevents you from finding out the real solution. it is obvious to me that if several clients are coming back with the same problem and to the same eye and they sleep on their backs ...then you have to look at the fact that you have to work at a different angle on each eye. As has already been said.
I would also check out a better adhesive. In the early days when mine were coming out in a week or 10 days it was odour free adhesive that had about as much sticking power as honey! Lol.
Secondly make sure your angle on the right eye gets the base of the lash properly positioned. That's the likely reason for excessive and early loss. Ask your clients if the lash is coming adrift at the base first.
You are right to ask them to save some lashes for you to check because if they are bringing out the natural lash you have to know and act quickly to change that.
When I had the same kind of problems it turned out to be several issues of mine that needed changing. Not just one. Now my lashes are gorgeous, neat, perfectly aligned and STAY IN! But it took a lot of work on my part to make changes.
Be a detective and check and double check everything you do.
Good luck. It is a dodgy business lashing. Lol. Will turn your hair gray before you know it.

Linda

Hey,
I know this is a very old post but am having the same problem as the lady that started this thread mostly to long time clients who this hasn't happened to before, could you tell me the problems your realised you had to correct to stop this from happening?
Thanks
Lucy

I have the same issue with some of my clients as well. I agree I think it’s because I’m right handed. I just have to remember that you have to move your clients head so you are always straight and both hands should be in the same position no matter what side you’re on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back