Lash Extentions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicksta

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Does anyone out there perform lash extentions and if so which brand to you consider to be the best. I have heard it is quite tricky and time consuming, do you find it worth your while and how much do you charge?

Any advice from someone in the know would be much appreciated.

:confused:

hi vicksta,
had to let you know that me and my sister do elx in our salon, we do the semi perm 'salon system' lashes that we buy in sallys which last approx 2 weeks! there good for special occasions or hols and have gone down a storm as we only charge £15 per set and they look fab! we also do 'marvel lash' elx which last between 1 and 3 months and charge £60! which is a bit cheaper than some places near us, but we have clients recommended from as far as 30 miles away so its worth it. I took some lashes off of a lady recently that paid £90 and had had them on for 3 days! they looked like black twisted straws!!!! if youre gonna do it chick do it properly, and make sure u get lashes that look like real hairs..... then practise on mum,sis,cuz,till u got ure time up,:Grope: good luck....lizxxxxxx

Thanks for the advice chick, I am currently trying to find a course on eyelash extensions without having to pay for a prerequisite course on eylash tinting as this is not something i am interested in doing. And to be honest, I only see it as the training school relieving you of more cash. i have checked and i would be fully covered with just the lash extension certificate with my insurance provider. i will look into the system you are using. Thanks again. :)

Hi

I have just done my training with Lash perfect and it was great. They are the ones where you have to put each individual lash on. It takes ages - like two hours for a set. Their training was really intensive and you didnt have to have done any tinting as far as I know. It was almost one to one as we were split into pairs to practice putting them on and then we were assessed and given feedback. You then have to complete case studies before they give you your certificate.

It was really full on but it was very good.

Hope that is some help.

hi, dunno if totally necessary to do training, theres instructions in the box and with most things it just takes practise, im sure youre covered if you have public liability as with most treatments xxxxx

liz

hi, dunno if totally necessary to do training, theres instructions in the box and with most things it just takes practise, im sure youre covered if you have public liability as with most treatments xxxxx

liz

I would say it is ABSOLUTLY necessary to have training, and I am sure if you checked with your insurance they would expect you to have had some practical training to be covered. You cant mess about with your eyes at the end of the day, I dont think my clients would be too chuffed if I just decided to start offering treatments I had no training in! JMO:)

My sister has just had the individual eye lash extensions done but in her excitement of having long lashes she left the salon with out the after care advise,
she had them done while on a short trip to London so cant call into the salon for the after care advise,
could those who have the training please give me the do`s and dont`s please
you can PM with the after care if you prefer
thank you to all who can help :hug:

hi i meant if youre already covered for eye treatments etc i.e 'beauty therapist' sorry i was typing half and thinking the other half!!!! im a beautician so was just making prosumptions!
liz:green:

[could those who have the training please give me the do`s and dont`s please

i can tell you from personal experience not to touch or put make up on for 48 hours and after that dont use any oil based make up removers, never rub and have top up lashes every 2 to 3 weeks......hope this helps:smack:x

Yes, I dont think (correct me if I am wrong) that the orignal poster is a qualifed beauty therapist, so she would need to be trained.:hug:

yer thats right she would, im sure its only a day and is quite easy, its really worth it as its gettin so popular.
shame i had two marvel lash kits and just sold one on ebay for pittance, ill have to remember geek bay next time!
liz :irked::green:

[could those who have the training please give me the do`s and dont`s please

i can tell you from personal experience not to touch or put make up on for 48 hours and after that dont use any oil based make up removers, never rub and have top up lashes every 2 to 3 weeks......hope this helps:smack:x
Thank you for that, she has messed up already as she put mascara on about four hrs after they had been applied oops, will they fall out ?

really? im surprised she felt the need to as they usually look really full on there own, but if they didnt pull off as she brushed it on id tell her not to remove it, so she avoids rubbing when doing so for as long as poss! also tell her about avoidind the oil based removers. the best advise is to be gentle...good luck xx

really? im surprised she felt the need to as they usually look really full on there own, but if they didnt pull off as she brushed it on id tell her not to remove it, so she avoids rubbing when doing so for as long as poss! also tell her about avoidind the oil based removers. the best advise is to be gentle...good luck xx
Thanks again Liz,
she put it on as she has really light blond lashes and she said she could see these as well as the black extended ones and it was bugging her lol, sisters eh
i told her if she had waited till she was home i could have found someone on here to do them for her :hug:
I will pass on all of your advise.

ahhh i see...i cant believe they didnt tint her natural lashes first! that is a must! never mind you know for next time xx

ahhh i see...i cant believe they didnt tint her natural lashes first! that is a must! never mind you know for next time xx
I see, i will tell her that for if she has them done again,
just goes to show that an expensive salon does not mean that they are any better than the rest of us,
the dozy mare paid £95.00 for this doing, i haven't seen them yet just had frantic text messages lol

yer i see it all the time they think they can get away with anything, a little bit of a good rep for a while goes to there head, they just want you in and out as quick as poss and charge what they like lol.......most of the time employing youngsters newly qualified and cheap, oh well we live and we learn xxxxx

Lash Out Lashes - Home have the new Y-Lashes. These cool lashes cut your application time in HALF. They are one lash that splits in two and forks out. It creates the appearance of of two lashes, with only one application.

Also the New 0.25 thick lashes create a fuller set in less time. They come in J-Curl and C-Curl. The C-Curls can be added to the outer corners to add a little lift and a Cats-Eyes appearance..

I trained with NOuveau Lashes, the training was no cheap and nor was the kit and its been the biggest waste of cash yet. It takes ages to do, the finished result is good but never what you see in pics (which is usually what clients have seen and want) they are tricky to maintain....you cant use oil based mascara or remover...cant rub your eyes, rub the towel harshly over your face, you cant curl your lovely long lashes and to be fair most of us dont have perfectly curled lashes..you also cant do this treatment of permed lashes so thats not an option either. As far as I know hardly anyone is willing to pay £80-90 for a full set (thats what you ought to charge in relation to the time it takes you and products) In my opinion its a total waste of cash!! Learning how to tint and shape will make you far more money in the long run in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back