Lash glue on eyepads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzle

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and already found lots of ace info. Have trained in lash extensions just before lockdown, practiced a ridiculous amount on a mannequin head during lockdown, the only thing im not happy with is when i finish a set of lashes i always have dots of lash glue on the eyepads that would be keeping the real lower lashes down. Just wondering if this is normal or a fatal error that is going to ruin me when i start practicing on actual people? Using lashbase ultra adhesive currently.

Are you using an excessive amount of glue that could be dripping on to the eye pad or could you be dragging a lash on the pad to remove excess glue before placing? (Which I hope not, since it causes poor retention)

Are you using an excessive amount of glue that could be dripping on to the eye pad or could you be dragging a lash on the pad to remove excess glue before placing? (Which I hope not, since it causes poor retention)
I’m definitely not consciously dragging the lash to wipe off glue so it must be a case of it dripping, im thinking though that the lash is isolated onto the pad then the lash with adhesive on it is Added to the lash so it may just be a touch thing, hopefully real eyelashes maynot isolate completely onto the pad then it wont be such an issue. Or maybe if I used a faster curing adhesive?

I’m definitely not consciously dragging the lash to wipe off glue so it must be a case of it dripping, im thinking though that the lash is isolated onto the pad then the lash with adhesive on it is Added to the lash so it may just be a touch thing, hopefully real eyelashes maynot isolate completely onto the pad then it wont be such an issue. Or maybe if I used a faster curing adhesive?
If you’re using a mannequin head and practice lashes that is most definitely the problem. I find it way easier on real lashes PLUS if you have a hard time on their natural lashes going down you can always easily tape their lids up vs a doll head which you cannot lol

If you’re using a mannequin head and practice lashes that is most definitely the problem. I find it way easier on real lashes PLUS if you have a hard time on their natural lashes going down you can always easily tape their lids up vs a doll head which you cannot lol
Thanks so much for this, i was having a crisis of confidence today so it was a relief to read that!

Latest posts

Back