Lash glue reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByNikki

Reaction score
I did a set of lash extensions using Beauty Revolution Pro+ glue on a lady last night and she's left me a message today saying she thinks she's allergic. Shortly after her lashes (I did her nails too) she said she felt bunged up but I assumed this was from laying flat for 90 minutes. Now she is saying she has developed cold-like symptoms overnight.

Is this a reaction to the glue odour? I've never had a reaction before, but assumed it would be dry, sore, itchy, red eyes. Patch test was done last week, few lashes on each outer corner, all fine.

Could someone please clarify if this is a potential reaction? She's coming to see me at 5pm so we can chat and possibly remove them.

Hay fever? Pollen is very high and affecting people not normally affected at the moment xx

I mentioned this but she didn't agree.

To look at her, you would have no idea she's been affected. There are no "normal" signs of a reaction, no redness, dryness, itchiness or puffiness. She sounds very nasal, but that's all.

Before her appt she was very wary but only because her hairdresser put ideas in her head about the extensions damaging her natural lashes. I'm just wondering if it's a bit psychological? She's adamant she doesn't want them removed so we're leaving it until Friday morning to decide what to do. She goes away Friday lunchtime so need to do something by then.

If anyone has had a client with this sort of reaction, can you let me know? I'm puzzled by this one.

No, it's not reaction to the lash glue, absolutely not. Her being unwell is due to something else, most likely cold. It's also not a hay fever - then she'd have red itchy eyes, I know as I have it :)

Thanks Annabel, much appreciated

I get this feeling when I get my lashes done all the time. It's definitely not an allergic reaction, as I'm not red or itchy at all just a little congested. I also don't suffer from hay fever, I think. But it's every time I get my lashes, all i do is take a dose of piriton and I'm back to normal within the hour. It's really weird, but doesn't stop me wanting lashes ha! Incendently when I'm doing lashes with the same glue, I don't get nasally at all d

I had two clients allergic to semi perm lashes in 6 years, both had puffy, swollen eyes and this happened the day after - if it was a reaction removal is needed ASAP, it sounds like a cold or hay fever, just because she may not have had certain Hayfever symptoms before doesn't mean she won't get them this year x

I have her symptoms, doctor told me its hayfever, which ive never had in my life, some days im fine,others really bunged up, or really nose, my eyes are not affected at all x x

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back