Lash glue went white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lash.Life

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new here and looking for answers concerning glue!
I am newly trained and was practicing last night. I ordered glue from my training company and received a second glue as a sample.

I decided to try the sample and it seems great at first but towards the end attachment was tricky so I decided to switch up and revert back to the glue I had bought.

I noticed the lashes got really clumpy and the adhesive was turing white on the lashes. It was a big mess and was really difficult to remove.

Ive read some people saying that eyes that water can cause glue to go white? This did happen, the eyes were watering a bit, but it wasn't a huge amount.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Im guessing using a combination of glue was the cause but wanted to hear anyone else's experiences.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it is called "blooming" and it is the reaction of the cyanoacrylate in the adhesive with moisture. It tends to happen when clients have got watery eyes and even if it doesnt seem much, the water reacting with the adhesive will have the white reaction.
The best would be to remove the lashes and reapply as you cannot change the white back to black if that makes sense.
(make sure your clients are patch tested when you change the product)

Yes, it is called "blooming" and it is the reaction of the cyanoacrylate in the adhesive with moisture. It tends to happen when clients have got watery eyes and even if it doesnt seem much, the water reacting with the adhesive will have the white reaction.
The best would be to remove the lashes and reapply as you cannot change the white back to black if that makes sense.
(make sure your clients are patch tested when you change the product)

Thank you for your reply @wowbb
I has my suspicions about the eye watering.
You mention removing the lashes and reapply, wouldnt the removal cause more watering? That was the case last night when I removed the whole set. It was just awful!

If you find that your client has watery eyes with the application and also removal she might not be suitable for this treatment unless there is anything underlying like having a cold, hayfever etc

Latest posts

Back