Lash help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelashesnwaxes

Reaction score
Hi! So glad I found this site. Reading through all the responses in other threads has given me SOO much hope.
I'm a liscenced esthetician who recently took a course for lashing through Borboleta.
I never felt more discouraged in my life. I literally left the course in tears.
I specifically got my license in order to become a lash artist but after the training I felt like I just made a huge mistake investing so much of my time in money.
I'm choosing to not give up. So I finally built the courage to lash someone since the course 3 months ago
When doing so, I've come across some problems I'd REALLLY appreciate advice on.
1. My glue is getting tacky 5-10 min in. Borboleta says your drop should be good for 30mins before changing. I am putting my jade stone and palette next to my models pillow so it is easy to reach but it is near/under my glamcor light. Could this be the problem?? Has any one experienced the light curing the glue quicker? I am shaking my bottle for 30 secs prior to each new drop, keeping it up right and out of sunlight (waiting for my airtight container w silica beads to come in the mail). Is my light too close? light too bright??
this has also caused another problem for me
2. Since my glue kept getting tacky right away, too much was coming on to the lash extension. When I tried to apply it to the natural lash it wouldn't stick- leaving glue residue on the natural lash. What do you do in this case? When only glue sticks to the natural lash??
I read not to use the remover I have on individual lashes??

I was left with some natural lashes that just have glue and no lash.
I'm going to remove all the lashes on my model at this point because I'm afraid to damage her lashes. But could really use help with moving forward.

quick recap!!

Is there a better place (but still easily accessible) for me to put my jade stone/ palette if the light is what is curing it quicker??
Should i be using a humidifier or something to control the glue?? (i'm working from my living room (in California really close to the beach))
What do you do when you only get glue on the natural lash because extension won't adhere??

Thank you so much in advance!! ANNY tips for a new lasher would be greatly appreciated:) Trying to not give up here! lol

Hi, did you find any answers as to why the glue was sticking and not the lashes??
Also, I use a glue ring and it seems to keep the glue from going tacky as quick x

Latest posts

Back