Lash lift adhesive problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful-you

Reaction score
I was trained with and use all LashBase products. I have been doing lash lifts for over a year and am usually fairly happy with the results. The one thing that I get problems with is getting the lashes to stick to the shields. Every now and again I have a client with nice long lashes that aren't too coarse and they adhere to the shields like a dream but the majority of them take forever to stick and then several of them bounce back off! Obviously shorter, coarser lashes are going to be more challenging, but all the videos on YouTube show the lashes sticking instantly! During training I was told that the glue gets easier to work with after you've had it a while and I'm currently half way through a Bottle, I was also taught to apply the glue to the shield and let it "tack off" for a minute or two but this doesn't seem to make much difference either. I know it's best not to keep applying more glue but I often don't have much choice because they just don't stick! (It doesn't appear to stop them Lifting either). I also find that even when they appear to be all stuck down and I apply the perming solution, by the time I come to remove it some of the lashes have unstuck! (Some clients are more twitchy than others, which doesn't help).

Does anybody else have this problem? Can anybody recommend a better glue? Or tips that I may not have tried/mentioned above?

I am thinking of trying Elleebana's Lash Lift but their glue seems very expensive and I'd want to know it was going to be worth the money? I imagine I should be able to use a glue from any brand though?

I really want to resolve this problem as it is making the treatment take much longer than it should, so therefore less profitable.

Many thanks.

tride a couple glues so far and no great glues that i know of. my glue comes in a tube and sometimes i like to "air it out"( leave it open) so the glue get sticker/thicker and less watery.

I'm just bumping this thread as I'd still really like some recommendations. I need to order more adhesive this week and am reluctant to buy the same again as I'm still having difficulties either getting the lashes on the shields, or with them becoming unstuck half way through the perm lotion stage. This bottle of glue is much gloopier now as I'm nearing the end of it, I was informed it gets better with age though! I allow time for it to tack off, but so often I'm having problems sticking/keeping the lashes attached to the shields!

Please could an experienced Lash Lift Tech help?

I've been lash lifting for 4+ years. I'm doing 3 today. I'm both Yumi and LVL trained and I've tried a lot of products in my time to discover the "perfect" product combination for me (we all have slightly different preferences which is why there's no "best" brand).

I like the lash base glue. I don't notice any difference with LVL. The Yumi glue is a little better but it's expensive. I think you're having issues with the lash lifting tool. I really, really like the LVL tool, but Yumi uses a pair of lash extension tweezers held pinched together. This seems to work really well with the Yumi glue.

I don't like the lash base tools at all tbh.

The LVL tool is quite fiendish. I brandish it when clients are proposing to bring their kids into a treatment. "Would you like me to jump when I'm using this on your lashes"? I ask. They never bring the kids again...

So I've been doing a lash lift today using a brand new lash base glue. I use very little glue. Measuring by eye, I think I get more than 20 sets of lashes out of one bottle and then throw the rest away.

You're right. A new bottle is annoying. I thought about my technique today. After I put the shields on I brushed glue over one third of the shield. I then worked the lashes trying to get them to stick, systematically working from left to right. I call this "teaching the lashes some obedience". By the third time of going over them, the glue had pretty much all disappeared into the lashes, so I reapplied and repeated. The second application of glue the lashes started to stick, but lifted off after a few seconds. I worked over and over again until the glue had all disappeared. The third time I reapplied glue, I applied glue to half the shield, not just a third. This time the lashes stuck, but they weren't perfectly arranged and as I started to perfect the alignment, they lifted. So I applied glue a fourth time. This time they stuck as I wished.

I moved on to the middle third of the shield where I had already applied some glue earlier. I worked the lashes and applied more glue when I needed to cover the full third of the shield not just part of it. These lashes weren't as difficult to fix into place, but I still had to stroke the lashes repeatedly into position and reapply glue a couple of times. I moved along the shield applying glue a little ahead of time as a primer and then working over a section of lashes repeatedly, reapplying glue several times.

By the end I still hadn't used much glue. I was taught that one bottle should do 15 sets of lashes and I used much less than 1/15th of a bottle.

I'm pretty anal about positioning the lashes. I book an hour for a treatment and charge extra. The results get me repeat business and recommendations. When my prices are queried by new enquiries I just shrug and say "I book an hour, that's what gives me my results and that's why I charge more".

I've been lash lifting for 4+ years. I'm doing 3 today. I'm both Yumi and LVL trained and I've tried a lot of products in my time to discover the "perfect" product combination for me (we all have slightly different preferences which is why there's no "best" brand).

I like the lash base glue. I don't notice any difference with LVL. The Yumi glue is a little better but it's expensive. I think you're having issues with the lash lifting tool. I really, really like the LVL tool, but Yumi uses a pair of lash extension tweezers held pinched together. This seems to work really well with the Yumi glue.

I don't like the lash base tools at all tbh.

The LVL tool is quite fiendish. I brandish it when clients are proposing to bring their kids into a treatment. "Would you like me to jump when I'm using this on your lashes"? I ask. They never bring the kids again...

Ha ha ha im going to use this myself [emoji106]

That's interesting about the lifting tool. I'd assumed they'd all be more or less the same? The only thing I've noticed about the Lash Base one is its definitely sharp! What's different about the LVL tool?

Clients bringing children to lash lift appointments is a nightmare! I've banned them!

So I've been doing a lash lift today using a brand new lash base glue. I use very little glue. Measuring by eye, I think I get more than 20 sets of lashes out of one bottle and then throw the rest away.

You're right. A new bottle is annoying. I thought about my technique today. After I put the shields on I brushed glue over one third of the shield. I then worked the lashes trying to get them to stick, systematically working from left to right. I call this "teaching the lashes some obedience". By the third time of going over them, the glue had pretty much all disappeared into the lashes, so I reapplied and repeated. The second application of glue the lashes started to stick, but lifted off after a few seconds. I worked over and over again until the glue had all disappeared. The third time I reapplied glue, I applied glue to half the shield, not just a third. This time the lashes stuck, but they weren't perfectly arranged and as I started to perfect the alignment, they lifted. So I applied glue a fourth time. This time they stuck as I wished.

I moved on to the middle third of the shield where I had already applied some glue earlier. I worked the lashes and applied more glue when I needed to cover the full third of the shield not just part of it. These lashes weren't as difficult to fix into place, but I still had to stroke the lashes repeatedly into position and reapply glue a couple of times. I moved along the shield applying glue a little ahead of time as a primer and then working over a section of lashes repeatedly, reapplying glue several times.

By the end I still hadn't used much glue. I was taught that one bottle should do 15 sets of lashes and I used much less than 1/15th of a bottle.

I'm pretty anal about positioning the lashes. I book an hour for a treatment and charge extra. The results get me repeat business and recommendations. When my prices are queried by new enquiries I just shrug and say "I book an hour, that's what gives me my results and that's why I charge more".

So would you say you had more difficulties getting the lashes to stick because it was a new bottle of glue, or is this what normally happens for you?

My routine is :-

Cleanse lashes thoroughly with Lash Base pads

Apply gel pads onto lower lashes to keep them out the way

Fit correct size shield to first eye (apply adhesive to back to adhere to eyelids)

Apply adhesive to top of shield (in one go, not sections) and wait for 30-60 seconds for it to tack off.

Start positioning lashes. I tend to start in the middle and work out to each side, repeatedly smoothing them until they stay in place. I apply more glue if necessary (it usually is necessary) but my educator warned us not to apply too much glue as it could act as a barrier to the perm lotion. The problem is, if they just won't stick I have no option but to add more!

When the lashes are attached to the shield, apply perm lotion and set timer.

Repeat process on other eye.

I'm usually finding that it's the slightly shorter lashes that either won't stick properly or "ping" off during treatment. The frustrating thing is, on all the YouTube videos Ive seen, the lashes stick perfectly first time!

I wouldn't take too much notice on YouTube they make it look easy and it's really not they cut most of the videos so it looks perfect first time. I was watching the lash extensions on YouTube and got frustrated with myself when my lashes wasn't sticking first time. When I contacted my tutor she said they cut all them bits from the videos. I was beginning to lose hope with course but felt reassured after she told me that.

I wouldn't take too much notice on YouTube they make it look easy and it's really not they cut most of the videos so it looks perfect first time. I was watching the lash extensions on YouTube and got frustrated with myself when my lashes wasn't sticking first time. When I contacted my tutor she said they cut all them bits from the videos. I was beginning to lose hope with course but felt reassured after she told me that.
That's true! I suppose nobody wants to watch 15 mins of someone trying to stick the lashes to the shields!

So, is the general consensus that I'm not alone with this problem and it's not unusual to have problems making the lashes stick (and stay stuck!) ?

I do a lot of lash lifts and what I do is work in about 3mm sections, so what I do is put some adhesive on the shield and lift the lash into the glue almost straight away and gently brush upwards very slowly and this seems to get the best stick for me, it doesn’t take me 15 mins to do this! I will see if my bf will let me do his and I’ll film it

Oh and I use lashbase and mylash products :)

I do a lot of lash lifts and what I do is work in about 3mm sections, so what I do is put some adhesive on the shield and lift the lash into the glue almost straight away and gently brush upwards very slowly and this seems to get the best stick for me, it doesn’t take me 15 mins to do this! I will see if my bf will let me do his and I’ll film it

Oh and I use lashbase and mylash products :)

Hmm, it makes me wonder if the advice I was given to leave the glue for a while after applying to the shields wasn't the best idea? I think I'll try your method next time. It's so frustrating, because apart from this issue, everything else is straightforward! Thank you x

Hmm, it makes me wonder if the advice I was given to leave the glue for a while after applying to the shields wasn't the best idea? I think I'll try your method next time. It's so frustrating, because apart from this issue, everything else is straightforward! Thank you x

No problem, I didn’t train with lashbase so not sure on their training methods but the way I do it seems to work well for me

I was taught to do it in small sections too, working from the outside in. If any do ping up you can easily re glue them at the end. It’s much more effective than trying to work in larger chunks and this way you can ensure the lashes are fixed at the exact angle you want them and not overlapping.

I'm just bumping this thread as I'd still really like some recommendations. I need to order more adhesive this week and am reluctant to buy the same again as I'm still having difficulties either getting the lashes on the shields, or with them becoming unstuck half way through the perm lotion stage. This bottle of glue is much gloopier now as I'm nearing the end of it, I was informed it gets better with age though! I allow time for it to tack off, but so often I'm having problems sticking/keeping the lashes attached to the shields!

Please could an experienced Lash Lift Tech help?

After a lot of trials with different brands, I’d suggest Wimpernwelle glue. Sticks fast and lashes stay stuck throughout the process. Definitely worth a try.
They even have a 5-sets try me kit you can buy, very reasonably priced. The rest of the process and timings are pretty much the same as with other brands, though they don’t have a nourishing lotion stage.

Thank you everyone. I'm definitely going to try doing them in small sections next time and hope that makes a difference x

I
After a lot of trials with different brands, I’d suggest Wimpernwelle glue. Sticks fast and lashes stay stuck throughout the process. Definitely worth a try.
They even have a 5-sets try me kit you can buy, very reasonably priced. The rest of the process and timings are pretty much the same as with other brands, though they don’t have a nourishing lotion stage.

I've not heard of them so I googled them and have registered. Looks interesting! X

I'm LVL lash train and also worked with salons system the best way to use any of the glues is to work in really small sections between 2-3mm the lvl and salon system adhesive are fine just make sure the kids are on properly and stored in the right temperature. If you get any stubborn lashes pinging up the I just use half a dry cotton wool pad to hold it into place. Hope this helps

Thank you everyone. I'm definitely going to try doing them in small sections next time and hope that makes a difference x

I’ve sent you a message! :)

**UPDATE**

I have been applying the glue in small sections on the shield and smoothing the lashes on straight away, rather than waiting for the glue to tack off and I am happy to say that so far it has worked much better and the lashes have stayed put! I had a client come back after having them done in May and although they lifted beautifully the first time, they were really hard to attach to the shields, but this time, with the new method they stuck first time! So thank you all again X

Latest posts

Back