Lash lift advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy01

Reaction score
Hi just after some advice please. I have a client who first came to me for a lash lift about a year ago. After the treatment she messaged to say how much she loved them and would be booking in again. The second time round the client mentioned during her treatment that in the past she has tried to tint her own lashes and carry out a lash lift using the old rods and also mentioned she had become so obsessed with her lashes at one point she pulled the whole lot out and was bald. She once caught her eye with tweezers and had to go to A&E....and so on! After saying she was happy with the treatment I then got a message the next day saying they had continued to keep curling after she got home and so she was putting cream on them and trying to comb them down. She was saying the treatment almost took too well as they had over curled. I offered another treatment free of charge which I did and she said the same thing happened. The client then booked in with me again and we agreed we would try a size up in the shield and leave the products on for less time. I did this on Thursday. I’ve just message the client to see if all ok as she was supposed to let me know but I hadn’t heard anything. I’ve just had this reply:

The lashes continued to curl back to my eye lids so I have tried to use some of my lash lotion to comb them back down, but I had a bit of a puffy eye from thursday eve as it had slightly burnt the top part of my eyelid. Weird, as it's been alright in the past! Puffiness has gone now and feeling fine. I think lashes are looking better now......maybe the curling just isn't ment to be for me[emoji53]. Would you be happy to maybe just tint them for me next time please as I love how dark they come out, looking far fuller too? Xxx

Obviously I’m wondering where I’m going wrong? Is it common for this to happen? (Not happened to any of my other clients). I’ve taken money off of treatments, done a treatment for free and yet still she books in but complains it’s not right. I don’t think I will ever please this lady ‍♀️

She maybe has very porous hair and it is taking to the lashes better than most. Next time try maybe either using a bigger rod or the silicone pads, that way the lashes don't get the chance to curl round

She maybe has very porous hair and it is taking to the lashes better than most. Next time try maybe either using a bigger rod or the silicone pads, that way the lashes don't get the chance to curl round

Thank you for your reply. The client has quite short lashes. I already went up to a size medium and same result. The next size would be a large but I was told in training the lashes need to come up over the silicone pad at least half way....I just about managed this with the medium but I wouldn’t get much on using the large size as her lashes are too short.

Thank you for your reply. The client has quite short lashes. I already went up to a size medium and same result. The next size would be a large but I was told in training the lashes need to come up over the silicone pad at least half way....I just about managed this with the medium but I wouldn’t get much on using the large size as her lashes are too short.
How long are you leaving the perming/ fixing lotion on for? Maybe try cutting it down by even just a couple of minutes

If she’s using the solutions at home herself I wouldn’t be treating her.
I’d suggests she leaves her lashes alone for the time being to allow some fresh healthy growth.

Latest posts

Back