Lash lift after care

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitKat80

Reaction score
Help please!

After a lash lift...how long do you advise your clients to keep lashes dry? I have always said 24 hours and to use brush and not sleep face down etc. Should i be saying dry for 48 hours? This is pretty hard surely?

Many thanks

24 hours for dolly lash lift. X

If the lift has been performed correctly (i.e. The second step to "fix" is important) then there is no need to avoid water as the structure of the hair is fixed.

I trained with salon systems, we were taught 24-48 hours

Edit to add: last year when I had 3 LVL lifts myself, I was instructed not to get the lashes wet for 24 hours. On one occasion I completely forgot and the lash lift all but disappeared. I was very careful to keep dry the next time!

Last edited:
I don't ask my clients to avoid water at all. The lotions are removed with damp cotton pads, then i tint and remove with damp cotton pads. The lash structure is set.

It's the same as a perm really and after a lady has her hair permed they rinse it out with water, no problems x

After a perm I was always advised not to wash it and I was advised the same after lash lift training for 24 hours.
No water, heat, steam etc

Interesting. My training said it was fine x

Maybe it's down to different brands x

Im an LVL girl & advise 24-48 hours like the aftercare leaflets say. Ive seen 2 drop over the years, one went swimming a few hours after having it done & one got caught in a heavy downpour later that evening. Both lifts were ruined so theres truth in it! Xx

Mine wasn't branded training. It was with gateway

Yes maybe slightly different product makeup with different brands x

I've had this argument with a company this week, they say water can split the reformed bonds in the hair and it's still processing for 48hrs....then told me to Google!

Rubbish! Neutraliser/setting lotion does just that, it stops and sets the action of the perm/lift lotion....and remember there is normally a tint done too....with some same ingredients as the neutraliser.

i started to type more detail, but it became a rant lol, so I'll leave it at in 20 years in hairdressing and doing lash perms and lifts water itself has never altered a result. In hair it was shampoos and conditioners that were to be avoided and they're not likely to be used on lashes.

Fully agree. If the steps are performed correctly then the structure of the hair is reformed so water doesn't change this.
Same as with a perm in your hair which is also washed after ;)

The first step in a lash lift will break down the disuphide bonds so the lashes will have no structure. The 2nd step will set them into place which is why it's very important to make sure they are nice and neat on the rod/shield as that's how they will remain. Once they are set then they are set. I use Elleebana and we use a damp cotton bud to remove the solutions and at the end we wash everything off, again using water and I find Elleebana lifts the best lift of every brand I've used and yet we use more water than I used with any other brand. Strange that! lol
So yes you can get them wet :) x

I guess it differs with different brands . The dollys lashlift is definately fine to wet (shower) not long after the treatment has been done as long as they are dried straight after . the only thing that i can think of thatt would affect it would be the weight of the water on the lashes (weighing them down) as the hair bonds will still be soft and could effect the outcome of the curl with the weight if the water on them. so i add in my aftercare advice that if the client must end up having to wet their lashes that they should gently dap them dry immediately afterwards and use a spoolie or their finger to roll over their lashes and push them back into a curled position and alot of my clients have actually tried this and have had no problems . I definately dont reccomend swimming at all till 24hrs at the least as this would definately cause the lift to drop .

If the structure is set fully with the fixing lotion then water would not make any difference. I have actually had a lift and within 3 hours gone into the steamroom and my lashes have not budged so water or warmth does not make a difference. I can only speak for flirties but it should be the same for all brands as the lift changes the structure of the hair and once it is set it wont be affected by water.

Latest posts

Back