Lash lift aftercare advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy3

Reaction score
Hi. I had my first and only lash lift about seven weeks ago, but it only took one or two days for the lashes to start pointing in all different directions, then they were crimped/frizzed, and a few were even tightly curled all the way to my eyelid. Now, since it's been seven weeks, they're straightening out a lot, but the coarse texture is still there. I use a clean mascara wand to comb them out several times daily (water helps). Can anyone tell me if there is a deep conditioner for lashes? Surely there's something, right?

It does sound like the lift might have been overprocessed? Have you had a chat with your therapist as he /she will be able to help and advise you accordingly? Normally brushing with water would not help as the structure is set but you could try a nourishing oil but if you get in touch with your therapist that would be the best starting point x

Thank you. I'll definitely try the nourishing oil. :)

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to talk to her. You see, I live in a small town, so my options were limited. As a result, I chose the only salon within a 40-50 mile radius that offers lash lifts, without even checking reviews. :rolleyes:

That's never a bright idea, but you live and learn, right? :confused:

For example, I didn't see a problem with the lady's inability to speak English. Not initially. However, I would have declined the service had I known she was so new to the lash-lifting process. (I realize now that I should have asked questions and found out her training status.) :oops:

Then, when my eyes started burning, I had no way to communicate that I was in pain except for yelling like I was actually on fire. :eek: So, assuming I could even get the idea across, I'm not too eager to put anything close to my eyes that she recommends. :D Yeah, it's a little funny.

Thank you. I'll definitely try the nourishing oil. :)

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to talk to her. You see, I live in a small town, so my options were limited. As a result, I chose the only salon within a 40-50 mile radius that offers lash lifts, without even checking reviews. :rolleyes:

That's never a bright idea, but you live and learn, right? :confused:

For example, I didn't see a problem with the lady's inability to speak English. Not initially. However, I would have declined the service had I known she was so new to the lash-lifting process. (I realize now that I should have asked questions and found out her training status.) :oops:

Then, when my eyes started burning, I had no way to communicate that I was in pain except for yelling like I was actually on fire. :eek: So, assuming I could even get the idea across, I'm not too eager to put anything close to my eyes that she recommends. :D Yeah, it's a little funny.

That is such a shame you had to go through this. We all have to start somewhere and being new isnt a bad thing but it is important to do the treatment safely and with good quality products. I know you would probably be a bit hesitant about booking another appointment but you could maybe try and find a therapist that you can trust to regain faith into the treatment as the lash lifting is such a great enhancement and shouldnt be sore at all x

Oh, I definitely agree that being new isn't a bad thing. I didn't mean to imply that. Thanks again! :)

Oh, I definitely agree that being new isn't a bad thing. I didn't mean to imply that. Thanks again! :)
Oh god, no I wasnt even thinking that you were saying that :)
Some newbies will be amazing and others might struggle but as long as they have the right training and are qualified and insured that should not be a problem (sadly there will always be some that are not) :(

Hi. I had my first and only lash lift about seven weeks ago, but it only took one or two days for the lashes to start pointing in all different directions, then they were crimped/frizzed, and a few were even tightly curled all the way to my eyelid. Now, since it's been seven weeks, they're straightening out a lot, but the coarse texture is still there. I use a clean mascara wand to comb them out several times daily (water helps). Can anyone tell me if there is a deep conditioner for lashes? Surely there's something, right?

Don’t worry too much- each hair lasts only up to around 90 days so it will be totally gone before you know it.

In the meantime you can order a balsam from refectocil called longlash. But even a good eye gel would help condition

Latest posts

Back